Cubase Studio 4 Crashes when Scanning VSTs on Startup

Hi all

I have Cubase Studio 4 on my Mac.

I thought it would be OK to delete some VSTs from the Library > Audio > Plugins > VST folder. But then I started up Cubase and it got stuck on the initial splash screen scanning through the VSTs. Sometimes it loops through the VSTs over and over again forever, and sometimes it just gets stuck and effectively crashes.

I went to my trash folder and moved all the deleted VSTs back to where they were (using Mac’s “Put Back” feature) - but that made no difference - it still loops or crashes on the splash screen.

Any ideas? Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris,

First, please shut down Cubase. Then please go to your Mac Hard Drive, Users, your user name, Library, Preferences. Trash all of the Cubase or Nuendo folders that you see inside of the Preferences folder. This will trash your key commands, preferences, sound card settings, etc. It also should help to clear up the problem you are having. Restart Cubase. Cubase will scan through all of your plugins and then you will need to reset your audio outputs (Devices, Device Setup, VST Audio System).

Hi Joshua - thanks so much for your reply.

Strangely i don’t have a Library folder in HD > Users > Me. Do you know any of the file names I’m looking for so I can search for them directly?

Many thanks, Chris