Cubase sx3.pkg Cd installation bugs on mac os x

Hi,

You don’t need the latest eLCC, you need the latest eLCC Database, which you can download separately.

Ok, didn’t know that, thanks for correcting me.
But if you install the download assistant, doesn’t it always install the latest licenser anyway? And if C12 is not supported on 10.11 anymore, I guess the update process isn’t either? It might work fine, dunno, but personally I’d like to sure of that.

Hi,

You can update the license at other system.

Yes, eLCC is installed. But you can uninstall it and install any older version.

Hi mens, i give some news of mine: it’s not an easy way, to load cubase 12 on mac or pc, steinberg download manager demands me to have os x 10.14 to be installed but on my 2009 mac it can’t go out of el capitan 10.11 so there is a stop unless if i found a more recent mac to put os x 10.14 and go on.
And when i try to open the dmg cubase 12 versions, it say “image not recognized” impossible to open the images disk.

I have tried another way on a pc windows 10 and cubase sx3 installed on elisencer usb key.
I have recorded on the soft licenser, the license on mysteinberg but when i do it, sx3 license appears on the register but it can’t give me download access code and tell me to click on maintenance cause there is license on the key licenser which are not on the steinberg server.
So when i open steinberg activation, it write 'not license found" with no activation code. so when i try to open cubase 12 on the pc it fails.
I understood that by the elisencing new process, we can download cubase 12 without any lisence but on mc and on pc, at home it’s not ok.
So for shure i forgot something in the process , if you can help me on the pc or on the mac to go on clearly.
I have put all my operations on images to be more understood
Thanks

. Manu

and the last operation on the pc

erratum: it s steinberg activation manager which tell me to install osx 10.14 but in any case, i should have activation code or download access to suceed i think ?

Hi,

Cubase SX license is not stored on the Soft-eLicenser. It’s always stored on the USB-eLicenser. Make sure your USB-eLicenser has been registered to your MySteinberg account, please.

i have register my elisence to mysteinberg but How do i register my usb key on my steinberg account ?

i have done it sure , it s written here

So what’s the next step ? Do i need activation code to let the steinberg activation manager to see my license sx3 ? what can i do ?

Hi,

Cuvase SX license is stored on the USB-eLicenser. Install the eLCC and update the license database, please.

HI Martin, if it is this one, i already have done it and put the image of the operation on our telling

Hi,

Are you sure this is the Database update? Isn’t it the Maintenance? Did you do it on the old system?

I’ve just done it on the menu “support” and click on update database and it s ok it say it was not necessary

i ve done it on my pc windows 10 with sx3 installed

it was already updated

i have activated my license in 2012 on mysteinberg but i don’t remember have recieve activation code. But if i erase my sx3 license from elicencer key and mysteinberg, do i will recieve a new activation code ?

Hi,

You don’t need an Activation Code, if you own the license already. Why would you need it? Where would you use it?

Can you see Cubase SX 3 license at your USB-eLicenser now? I can see it at one of the screenshot above.

Hello Martin, i explain my position, i have license sx3 on my key and you said to me that i can have the elicensing without elisence cubase 12 on your server.
But when i try to open dmg or exe cubase 12 on pc or on mac (that i wish to work with) it’s written that there’s no licence.
So i thought that to have an activation code could give me the licence to open cubase 12, real or not ? i’m losing myself ! :slight_smile: