Cubase template/projects taking a while to load (30 minutes!)

Hi everyone,

a few months ago, I updated Kontakt from 6.4.2 to 6.6.1 and my projects started to take a while to load (from about 2 minutes to like 20-30 ish) and some of my libraries were not working anymore. So I uninstalled Kontakt 6.6.1 and reinstalled 6.4.2. The thing is that the desktop app of Kontakt was on version 6.4.2, but the Kontakt in Cubase said it’s 6.6.1… Everything worked fine, but took a long time to load. Today I decided it was enough and updated Kontakt to 6.6.1. Now everything works, but not my projects take more than 30 minutes to load!

I don’t know what to do, this is so painful to wait 30 minutes when you want to work now!

Any help?

Thank you!

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I would downgrade Kontakt and make sure, also the plug-in is downgraded.

From your description it’s obvious it started with Kontakt update. Therefore I would get in contact with Kontakt support.

Kontakt 6 is available as VST2 and VST3, maybe one of them is blocking something… try to disable the VST2 versions…

Hi,

If both versions are installed, Cubase takes just VST3. But it’s a good idea to try VST2 version.

Yeah, I know, but maybe the VST2 version interacts with the VST3 version…
Too much guesswork with Kontakt sometimes…

I couldn’t find a VST2 version… I tried deleting the VST3 one but it didn’t, change anything

Hi,

Do you mean in the system or in Cubase? If it’s not in the system, you have to install it. If it’s not in Cubase, it’s either blocklisted or you have to set the Path to the VST2 plug-in. As far as I know, NI is installing it to a specific folder.