Cubase Update 9.5 to 10 does not install

Bought Cubase Pro 10 Update from Cubase Pro 9.5, downloaded Download Assistant 1.15, ran it and it installed many things but not Cubase 10. Ran the installer again, says all except Cubase 10 is installed but not Cubase 10. Downloaded Cubase 10 from Steinberg, ran it got to the same place as before where is says Cubase 10 is not installed but won’t install it. Never asks about activation code, simply makes no attempt at installing it. What is wrong?

Try entering (registering) the Cubase Pro 10 access code through the download manager first, then see if the download manager shows the Cubase Pro 9.5, to Cubase Pro 10 upgrade.

Al

Disabled controlled folder access and now the Steinberg Download Mgr is on Desktop. Otherwise no success:
Open Download Assistant - Click on "Cubase Pro 10 (It shows Dorico, Groove Agent Drum Kits etc,) on left han side and on the right hand side with traget folder …Downloads\Steinberg (it is actually WIN64) three files

• Cubase 9.5 Update from 9.0 which is already installed
  • Cubase Pro n10 - 10.0.20 Update which is the intention
  • HALion6 not the intention
    When selecting the Cubase_10.0.20_Update_win.exe it extracts files to somewhere, then the EULA that is accepted, then a list of apps, a. o. Groove Agent SE, HALion Sonic SE etc, and as fourth position “Cubase 10.0.20 Update” with “no changes” and “Steinberg Cubase 10 is not installed”. Clicking Next: “Install. There are no operations to perform …”-

In case you are not doing that: You need to download the full installer, not the 10.0.20. update installer

??? Went to Steinberg, Downloads, downloaded “Cubase Pro/Artist 10.0.20 Update 476 MB” ran install. Got Welcome, EULA, “To install recommended packages” clicked on Cubase 10.0.20 Update, got “no changes” and “Cubase 10 is not installed” as many times before.“There are no operations to perform”.

Once again: You need the full install (several GBs), not the update.

Downloaded Cubase Pro 10 - 10.0.20 Full with Steinberg Download Assistant, 21.13 GB, to default location (Downloads\Steinberg\WIN64\Cubase Pro 10 - 10.0.20 Full\ as Cubase_10.0.20_Installer_win.zip.sda-download. Opened it. Tried to run Setup.exe: "Cubase 10 (Not responding). Killed Steinberg Download Assistant.exe (32 bit). Opened Cubase10.msi, install, upgraded license, registered licenser. Seems to work. Thanks. Weird install.

Hi, I’ve been tearing my hair out for a week trying to install Cubase Pro 10 Upgrade from 8.1 to 10 with no success.

My system:
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
i5 Intel CPU
16 GB of RAM
Ultra Durable GA-Z97X-UD3H Gigabyte MB with On Board Intel HD Graphics.

Downloaded and installed Steinberg Download Assistant to the default location, then ran the SDA.
Downloaded 21.13 GB, to a location on another drive (Volume Labeled “SOFTWARE”) in my PC.
There were 3 Folders:
Cubase Pro 10.0.20 Version History (Just a PDF File - All Good)
Cubase Pro 10.0.20 Update_(For Cubase Pro 10.0.00 Or Higher) (This installed all additional content, but not the Cubase 10 program)
Cubase Pro 10.0.20_Full And Update Installer (Opened it. Tried to run Setup.exe: "Cubase 10 (Not responding) same result)

Killed Steinberg Download Assistant.exe (32 bit).
Double Clicked on the Cubase10.msi file, Cubase Pro 10.0.20 installed, upgraded license, registered licenser. Seems to work.
Thanks for posting this info, very helpful.
I agree, Weird install.

Please feel free to comment on these actions.
I would like to know of any problems that may arise from doing the install this way.
But I am thankful that it seemed to install ok.