Cubase upgrade instructions

Hello folks
Been on Cubase 5 for years and I’ve just downloaded my upgrade to Cubase 8.
But I can’t find any instructions or readme’s detailing exactly what I should do now!

I’m sure I could figure it out myself, but I just want to make absolutely sure I do everything properly.

So I have my freshly downloaded and unzipped Cubase_Pro_8_Installer_win file.
Now what?

Thanks

First, update your license by entering the Activation Code in eLCC. Then, install Cubase 8. Uninstall Cubase5 unless you plan to continue using it. Insert dongle. Start Cubase 8.

Thanks jaslan

I went ahead and muddled through anyway - pretty straightforward as expected.
I just didn’t know if this was literally going to be upgrading my Cubase 5 installation or not.
And I see now it’s not - it’s a completely separate installation. And the download was the full product not just an update patch!

So when I build my new pc in the next couple of weeks and I’m installing everything on to it, there’ll be no need to install Cubase 5 first right? I can just go ahead and run the Cubase 8 installation again. Right?

Thanks

So when I build my new pc in the next couple of weeks and I’m installing everything on to it, there’ll be no need to install Cubase 5 first right? I can just go ahead and run the Cubase 8 installation again. Right?

Correct…as long as you are using a full installer (should be around 9Gb) you do not need an earlier version.

If you have a smaller upgrade installer you can download the full install from your MySteinberg account.