Cubase Version -cpr file

Is there any way of identifying from a Cubase project cpr file the specific version of Cubase used to create it originally?

Cheers
David

You can’t do it from Windows. However if you use the Media Bay to look at the CPR file, it will show what version the Project was last saved in the Attribute Inspector. Note that this may be different than what version it was initially created with. If you create a Project using C10 but then open and save it using C11 it then becomes a C11 Project.

Thanks for response, useful info, but I want to go the other way to identify the original creation source which can assist troubleshooting and archiving. Hoping there might be some unique marker in the cpr which could be interrogated.

Cheers
David

I don’t think there is anyway to detect the previous version once it has been saved as a newer version.

If the Project file’s date of creation in Windows is correct (big if) maybe compare that to when you got which version of Cubase.

good luck

If you view the cpr file with a hex editor you’ll see the version in plain text near the start of the file.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll give that a try.

Cheers
David

That worked a treat.