Cubase versus [...]

Why would they recreate Cubendo in Studio One. The whole point of doing a different application is to do it differently, and hopefully better.

The Dorico team didn’t create Dorico to Emulate Sibelius. The Bitwig team did not create Bitwig to emulate Ableton Live.

Studio One exists for people who wanted what they offer when they were using other DAWs, like Dorico does for Notation software users and Bitwig also does for producers in those market segments.

Otherwise, why invest at all into developing it. If you’re just going to emulate Cubase, you won’t have anything to offer considering Cubase already exists and had a 2 decade head start.

Your comment… Make it make sense, please.

Also, saying things felt complicated and not user friendly is literally worth nothing. There is a huge continuum of computer literacy and what you find complicated or lacking in user friendly can honestly be because your computer literacy is lower than average. This is common in these markets. Many people aren’t that adept at using PCs, in general, but are adept at using a specific program they’ve spent years using. Once you take them out of that comfort zone, they struggle.

This happens with video editors that basically sat at Avid or Premiere or whatever for years, but otherwise have fairly basic computer literacy beyond using those applications (which they are very proficient at using).

Some of this can be generational. The newer users coming up will not have an issue with Studio One, generally, and may in fact prefer it as it does attempt to decrease layers of complication.

Personally, it’s not my cup of tea, but I use it as a backup.

I find it… interesting that I’m replying to a post 4 Days Later but you’re literally responding within seconds of me pressing the post button, before I even do my usual rounds of edits. Do you live on these forums?

I’ll try to make sense. LOL…

I think they were pointing out that it would be an easy transition for Cubase users to migrate to StudioOne because some of the engineers who developed it had come from Steinberg. I didn’t find that to be true. I found the exact opposite. I never could figure out StudioOne to do anything. If they had Cubase engineers working on it, they must have been the ones Steinberg fired for being too complicated. Like I said previously, I am really good at picking up softwares. I taught this at UCLA and Ive learned things as complex as Logic in a day and Nuendo in a day, Obviously not all the inner workings but enough to record audio and a midi track.

Do I live here? Hardly, but instead of taking a smoke break I oftentimes come here to learn.