Cubase VST 3.5 needed

I need a copy of Cubase VST 3.5 with the dongle. If anyone still has one kicking around and would like to part with it, I’m a taker. I recently inherited several arrangement files in .ARR format. I also have the Cubase software disk but can’t find the dongle to activate it. All these wonderful arrangements can’t be used or exported to MIDI without the version and dongle. Anyone able to help??

You’re extremely unlikely to find someone selling that dongle. The easiest solution would be to buy Cubase Pro 8.5. The Cubase Pro 8.5 license can’t run Cubase VST, but it can run Cubase SX 3 which was the last version to support .all and .arr files. It can also convert them to modern Cubase project files (.cpr), so you can open them in Cubase Pro 8.5.

You can read more about that here: https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/how-to-convert-all-and-arr-files-into-the-current-project-format-cpr.html

Thank you for the info. I’ll look into SX3 for conversion of the files. I’m still hoping to hopefully find a dongle for VST.

François

I’ve got the whole package with the parallel port dongle :slight_smile: