Cubase will not recognize Halion Sonic Se

What do you mean by that? You probably know this already, but let me remind that if you are using a custom Plug-in Collection, you have to go to Devices → Plug-in Manager, and then drag any “new” (freshly installed) plug-in that you want from the big list on the left to your plug-in list on the right. After that, you should be able to use it on a track.

Thank you for participating my problem solving.

Tells lot about my computer skills (lack of 'em) that I don’t understand the terms of your question.

I just downloaded the Cubase via download assistant. Many things in it work but some of the features don’t.

Hand on the head: what I need to do?

If you (or someone else) want to help me I’d appreciate very specific advices. For example: Go to the page x , in that page do this (x), after that do this (x), etc…

Thank you

This is on Cubase’s menu bar, towards the end, near “Window” and “Help”. Get in the Plug-in Manager.

It’s this window. On the list on the left, check to see if your plug-in is there. Go by the name, or the Vendor.

• If you DO find your plug-in on the list, your plug-in is visible to Cubase.
  • If you DON’T find the plug-in in that list, you have to let Cubase know where it is on your computer.
    Click on the plus sign next to the trashcan and add the path that your plug-in is installed at.

Now that we have the plug-in visible in our list on the left, we have to see if it’s there in our Collection, the tree structure on the right (I’m talking about the very first picture.)

• If the plug-in is already there, for example SSD5, but it just doesn’t work, that’s a different situation altogether, and we’ll need to go deeper.
  • But if the plug-in is nowhere to be seen on the list, just drag it from the left list to the right list. Once it is there on the right list, you can work with it.

If it’s an instrument, it will show in the list when you create an instrument track, if it’s a plug-in it will show in the list when you select an insert effect.

Have a read at this whole chapter once you finally get it to work, so that you know the ins and outs of the Plug-in Manager.

Problem solved!

First I didn’t download the HALion Sonic 7. I thought it would just fill the memory but wouldn’t work without upgrading.

Some net conversation got me trying if downloading HS7 would help and it did!

Thank you for being so kind and helpful!

la 15. huhtik. 2023 klo 14.20 ggmanestraki via Steinberg Forums <notifications@steinberg.discoursemail.com> kirjoitti:

1 Like