Cubase window flickering issue

When working in a project, the program’s working screen suddenly starts flickering, other programs do not flicker, nothing is open in the background. Latest Nvidia driver and windows 10 updates, 1080p monitor, graphics card and monitor ok, only Cubase has such flickering. When playing a project, when paused. Everything freezes for a few seconds and it reacts to pause playback during these flickering Cubase screens. The system and the program are installed on an SSD, flickering occurs even with an empty project without tracks, just when listening to the metronome even. Sound interface Focusrite Solo 3 gen.

Hi and welcome,

The same issue is described here, but on Mac.

I’m having the same problem. Anybody find a fix?

Hi,

Could you provide more details, please? Your graphic card, OS, drivers?

Can you make a video screen recording, please?

FWIW same problem here. Cubase 11, Windows 10, integrated Intel GPU. Latest updates/drivers for everything. This has always happened, no matter which driver revision, and only happens on second monitor (I’ve got two 4K monitors) connected to my Z490-based PC. Second screen will flicker randomly every 10 minutes or so, but no disruptions or freezes in the audio whatsoever. I should add that the only thing I have open on that flickering second screen is a mix console window.

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue on two different computers. My current setup:
Mac Studio Ultra
Cubase 12
OS Monterey
LG Ultra Wide Monitor

My previous setup:
2012 Mac Pro
Cubase 10.5
OS Sierra
LG Ultra Wide Monitor

It only seems to be an issue when the resolution is set to 3440 x 1440. The more I highlight, slice up audio events, and add cross fades, the worse it gets. If it starts flickering I can get it to stop by zooming in/out or scrolling vertically or horizontally. But it’ll eventually start to flicker again.

I borrowed another LG ultra wide monitor from a friend and could not recreate the problem. Last night I returned my monitor to Costco and purchased another one and I’m getting the same problem. My friends monitor is an older monitor.

I’ve tried different cables, HDMI, display port, different power supplies, different refresh rates, messed with all the settings in the monitor, display settings in the system prefs with no luck. The only thing that seems to help is changing the display settings to grayscale.

Link to video

Thanks so much for the help.

Hi,

Do you have exact model of the screen, please?

1 Like

LG 35" Class Ultrawide Curved WQHD HDR10

Hi @chelsea7smile,

Do you have similar model, please?

Hi, same problem here,

windows 10 PRO 64BIT, cubase 12.0.40, integrated intel graphics, samsung 50" QLED 4K screen (QE50Q60TAUXXH), on three monitor setup.

latest drivers for everything

Seems to happening on playback only, when there is activity on screen.
Anyone found a way to fix this, I mean, is it something I can do about it?

1 Like

Same here with my Samsung Odyssey Neo G9.
FIX that worked for me: Disable the ‘Adaptive Sync’ Feature in monitor setup. (For non-techies: This feature adapts screen refresh rate to sync with the refresh rate of a game.) Setting a fixed refresh rate removed any Cubase playback flicker for me. If you have a variable refresh rate monitor, you should have a similar setting. Try it out!

2 Likes

Fixed it for me completely with NVIDIA RTX 3060 Card:

1. go to nvidia control panel, 3d-settings
  2. go to tab programm settings
  3. add user defined program cubase
  4. in the settings powermode: turn to maximum performance
  5. restart cubase
3 Likes

This also worked for me. I turned off “FreeSync Premium” in the setup menu on my Asus VG34V Ultra Wide monitor and the flickering issues stopped.

1 Like