CUBASE WISHLIST (Chords, MediaBay, Sampler, new plugins, etc.) Updated: Oct 25, 2020

CUBASE - FUTURE ADD ON WISHLIST

• I have used Cubase for around 15 years, but along the way I switched to Ableton Live, due to fast work flow.
    Cubase, though, has a lot of amazing features that Live can’t compete with, so some of my suggestions are very based on what made/makes Live good.

**MEDIA BAY **

ATTRIBUTES
Able to make (or edit) your own attributes. As of C10.5 its only possible to use the integrated categories. It would be great to have an option to add e.g. “fills”, “EDM”, Etc. etc. (I have mentioned this in another thread…)

FASTER PREVIEW
An option to hit enter/space/arrow key/whatever to get a faster preview sound while arrangement is running. (see Ableton Live) (I have mentioned this in another thread…)

TEMPO DETECTION
A right-click option to tempo detect loops. A setting option so you can choose if you want decimals or not. Closest to a full number so it doens’t get you 123,195 etc.
Right now its only possible to “check tempo” if the audio is more than 7 seconds. This should be possible to do better.

TEMPO INTERVAL SEARCH
Make a feature where you can select all loops from within a BPM interval.

KEY DETECTION
Same as above, but with one shots as well.

AUTO-PLAY LOOPS IN PROJECT TEMPO
Make an option to play audio files with tempos automatically and keep one shots being one shots. Its annoying to browse and then when the loop feature is on and you strike a one shot it tries to tempo match it…

CHORD PADS

MORE PLAY STYLES
Right now its not that easy to see how the chords will play when you load a MIDI loop. It seems very random.

PLAY STYLE LIBRARY
A library/folder with different play styles/genres. The current form/method is not working that well and it doesn’t seem logical. See e.g. Scaler plugin.

STRUMMING OPTIONS
Strum for guitar and piano players

SEQUENCER
An option or feature to sequence a selection of chords. Maybe even be able to add rythms, sequences, etc. to each chord.

MIDI

MIDI EDITING
Remove doubles or “layers” (when more notes are on top of each other) should be a very quick fix.

NEW PLUGINS/EFFECTS

ARPEGGIATOR
A fully designable Arpeggiator. Maybe as an insert, but at least a more user friendly GUI.

EFFECT RACK
You kinda have it in Wavelab? Why not Cubase. Something like Soundtoys Effect rack, but maybe more incorporated into Cubase. Personally, it would make never consider looking at any other DAW. Its the most sought after feature from Ableton Live.

SAMPLE TRACK 2.0
Slice/Multisamples.
Layers.
Make it possible to drag from MediaBay to a Sample Track without having to open the Sample Editor. Just drag to the channel.

**GROOVE AGENT 5 **
Deep search in Browser tab like in MediaBay.

ARRANGEMENT WINDOW

EXPORT SAMPLES FROM ARRANGEMENT TO MEDIABAY (AND/OR FOLDERS)
Scenario: you have created an audio file that you want to build your own library with. Then it would be a great feature if you could just drag from Arrangement Window to MediaBay or maybe a “right-click” option “Save audio to…” There was a feature where you could drag audio back into MediaBay in C9 (I think it was), but it was removed in 10…

HYBRID TRACKS
Able to combine audio and instrument tracks. Far fetched, probably.

MULTIPLE FREEZE TRACK
Mark tracks and press Freeze to freeze multiple tracks.

FLATTEN TRACK
Flatten (Like Ableton Live)

Feel free to discuss :slight_smile:

Since I can’t edit this post any longer…

AUTOMATION:
Drag n- drop plugins from one channel to another WITH automation.
Its a time saver…

Note that users have been asked to post one request per topic to facilitate voting.

1 Like

Thank you, Steve. I didn’t see that.