Cubase with Kontakt Libraries on External Drive Help

I’m running Cubase 12 Pro with some Kontakt libraries which are off loaded to an external Sandisk SSD. When I load the Kontakt VST and the Scarbee Jay-Bass instrument I will sometimes notice that when I jump a distance between playing notes on the controller the samples will sometimes be clipped. If I stay within a certain close range of notes all sounds well. It’s just when I jump a couple octaves away the notes are clipped. If I wait a second they will catch up and play ok.

To me this feels like something related to the turnaround time it takes to trigger and load the samples for playback from the SSD. Are there any configuration tips to make this better?

I’m running an Intel i7-8565U CPU with 16GB Ram.

Thanks

Could be an issue with throughput of your usb bus? Ik you look at the disk activity in Kontakt in the uperright corner. Is clipping when this occurs?

Get more RAM and adjust Kontakt settings to do less streaming. (So it’s loading to and reading from ram).

16gb really is not enough for this kind of work. It will work, but it’s a no brainier to go up to 64 these days if you can.

Well, Jay-bass is not a very heavy library so it won’t consume much RAM or CPU. Unless you have used up all your RAM on other stuff in the project of course. But you can easily check that in task manager. So under normal circumstances you shouldn’t have any issue playing Jay-bass with 16GB RAM.

I already answered this. Suggestion will cover you for any other libraries too. Large or small.