Cubase Without A Mouse

I’m trying to figure out if there’s a way to get to the top menu without using my mouse. This is important now that we have Stream Deck. I need to be able to make some macros that don’t seem easily possible. My research shows there’s no way to do this unless something has changed that I don’t know about. This is important for me and others (growing numbers). Also it’s been requested before. If there’s a way, let me know and I will apologize.

Thanks

I don’t know if there are growing numbers of people who use Streamdeck and no mouse. Seems kind of unlikely…

Anyway, to do this you would script the mouse movements with something like [Stream Deck Plugin] SuperMacros v1.1

Actually there’s an easy way I just discovered, click on the tiny arrow next to the window where you normally type the keys and there’s all options. But thanks! I was almost about to write a script and that was more trouble than I needed.

It would be nice if Steinberg made some official Icons for Stream Deck as other companies have such as Adobe. This is a big deal, trust me, try it!

Hi,

Are you on Mac or Windows?

As far as I remember, on Windows, you can get to any application menu by holding Alt (probably) and typing the first letter of the given menu. As far as I know, the specific letter would become underlined, if you hold down Alt. But I’m not Windows user for more than 15 years anymore, so I don’t know, if it’s still the case.

On Mac, by default:

• Move focus to the menu bar is Ctrl+F2. This jumps to the Apple logo and you can use arrows right/left to navigate thru the main menu, enter to open the menu item…

You can change it in the System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts.

Speaking for myself, I would not want SB to devote any resources to this at all. I think it would generate requests for the same for other remote devices too. This is 3rd party stuff, and totally easy for users to share icons and so on among themselves.

It’s still the case for many Windows programs, but not Cubase any longer.

2 Likes

The Stream Deck plugin for midi used with the Cubase Generic Remote offers quite a bit of Cubase control flexibility in addition to just sending Key Commands.

1 Like