Cubase won't start up because of graphics.dll

Hi all,

Suddenly today, when I started Cubase 10.015 on Windows10, it gives an error message that a dll is missing. I uninstalled Cubase and reinstalled but the error persists and Cubase won’t start. In the attachment you can see the error message. What to do now?
Clipboard01.jpg

Hi,

Maybe a Windows update updated even your graphics card driver. Try to install either the latest driver or an offer driver, please.

Could you also attach the mentioned dump file, please?

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply, I updated my drivers to no avail. Cubase 9.5 is running normally so fortunately I still can use Cubase. Attached I added the appcrash_cubase from this location:
programdata/microsoft/windows/WER/reportarchive/
Hope this is the right crashdump
Report.zip (3.79 KB)

Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name
Sig[3].Value=HALion 6.dll
Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version
Sig[4].Value=6.2.10.94
Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp
Sig[5].Value=5bbff9eb
Sig[6].Name=Exception Code
Sig[6].Value=c0000005

Try this:

Make sure that a Halion 6 license is on your soft eLicenser. Otherwise uninstall it.

Hi Timo,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have a question though: When I open my eLicenser all my apps are registered on the USB eLicenser, there are none in SeL. How can I transfer or copy the Halion 6 license from the USB to the SeL?
Halion 6 standalone starts up fine. No problem there.
I did a reinstall but that did not solve the problem with Cubase 10 then I uninstalled Halion 6 but Cubase still crashes at startup.

If it is on your usb elicenser, the halion 6 license should be fine. I just opened your dump file and found the above, so i thought trying without halion could be a good idea. Next thing would be to update your graphics card driver.

Hi Timo,

Thanks for the quick reply. Today I updated the graphics driver and still no solution. It puzzles me that Cubase 9.5 runs but Cubase 10 won’t.

Hi,

Unfortunately I cannot resolve other but .dmp files created directly by Cubase. You can find them in Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps folder.