Cubase10Pro crashes with Tempo Detection

I am having a fully repeatable crash in Cubase 10 Pro V 10.0.40 on my Mac running High Sierra V 10.13.6 when using the Tempo Detection function from the Project menu.

Here’s my action list:

• reboot Mac
  • start Cubase
  • open a project with two wave files (L and R channels)
  • select one of the waves
  • open Tempo detection from the Project menu
  • click on the Analyse button in the Tempo Detection Panel
  • when selecting the arrow tool a pop up appears: “Selecting a different tool will end the tempo detection session. Do you want to continue?”
  • when clicking either the “Continue” or “Cancel” button, Cubase crashes disappearing from the screen.

This crash is fully reproducible now. Some time ago I could use the Tempo Detection once in a session but not twice.

The dump file can be found at: Dropbox - File Deleted

Great software! Using since version 3

Jyrki

Hi and welcome,

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode, please?

Hi,
Thanks for reply, Martin.

I did a run with the Safe Start Mode with Preferences disabled and the result was just the same, a crash.

A dump file is located here: Dropbox - File Deleted

Regards,
Jyrki

Hi,

The crash is the same.

Reported to Steinberg CAN-25464.

Hi Jyrki,
Thanks for the report!
I could not reproduce this. Could you perhaps attach a problematic project to a post?
Click on “File–> Backup Project” and save to folder.

Greetings,
Jan

Hi Jan,

Thanks for coming back on this. You’ll find in the link below a screen capture movie of what happens in my Mac, the crash reports and the real directory of the project (which is only a simple recording file) StandByMe-v0.

Should you need anything else, just let me know.

Kind regards,
Jyrki

Hi,

I have just tried with the attached project here on my Mac (also macOS 10.13.6 here) and C10.0.50. It doesn’t`t crash to me here.

Hi Jyrki,
Could you please download and install the latest C10.0.50 update and see if the problem persists?

Greetings,
JHP

Hi,

Referring to the Version History document, there are no changes in the Tempo Detection area in C10.0.50.

Totally crazy, but the same bugis on Cubase 10.5.5 on Mac High SIerra.
When clicking either the “Continue” or “Cancel” button after tempo detection Cubase crashes.
Please ANY comments from Steinberg, that You know this bug and something will happen finally…

Hi,

Unfortunately so far we haven’t find a way how to reproduce it at other machine.

And the crash dump is not so specific that it would point to one exact place.

has there been solution to this. i’m crashing 10,5.10 mojave

Hi,

Attach the *.crash file, please.

Btw, there is Cubase 10.5.12 update available.