Cubase12 Display latency on playback

I’ve got a serious latency on my display when I hit playback. The video will make it obvious.
It happened without my knowledge of changing anything on my setup. I’ve found nothing on the forums that I didn’t try to fix it. Except for changing my graphics card, which has been working absolutely fine for years. This is not just for VST instruments but also audio. I can track with the click and then on playback, the timing is off.

Here is my setup:
Cubase12 (latest update)
Windows 10
Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti
Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
48G RAM
Audient ID22 interface

Here is what I’ve tried:

• Interface buffer size (it works as intended)
  • Ticked every option in Steinberg Power Scheme/latency options
  • Fresh install on graphics driver (I opted for the studio drivers instead of gaming drivers)
  • Plus my display in the mother GPU instead of the Nvidia
  • Trying different resolutions for the screen
  • Ticking off most options in the Nvidia control panel specifically for Cubase12

Highly frustrating of course. Anything related to editing or recording is wasted time.

No real idea, but have you tried activating “constrain delay compensation”? (alt-c). Maybe there are some plugins in the signal path that mess with the delay compensation. Just a stab in the dark.

The only thing that comes to mind is the Strealiner in the Control Panel, it’s bypassed but not deactivated.
I’ve seen Cubase attempt to compensate for delay on plugins in this state and hence actually cause a problem. Either remove it, deactivate (Alt-click) or turn it back on.

Actually, it is proper behavior from Cubase to include bypassed plugins in the PDC, but maybe the plugin is buggy and changes latency on bypass without reporting. But I agree, deactivating that one might be worth a try.
And maybe checking the latency for the other plugins in the control room, too, they might add up.

@planarchist @fese

Well you guys guessed right! That Streamliner (which I don’t even use) caused some serious latency and it makes complete sense in retrospect given it’s nature. I honestly did not expect that but I’m very glad it’s solved. Lesson learned!

Thank you!

1 Like

Glad it solved the problem.
I don’t know whether the issue is with the plugin or Cubase or some strange mismatch between the two but FWIW it’s a problem that’s only occured for me with plugins in the Control Room (for me it was Sonarworks)…one day maybe I’ll research further… :sunglasses:

Where is this Streamliner located?

@Jamie_Gregg
Streamliner is a third-party VST from ADAPTR audio. I was sitting in my Control Room plugins and causing latency. Removing it solved my issue.

ahh kk thanks for replying m8