Cubase6.5 and VST2Path on Launch application

My problem is I inadvertently added a VST2 plugin path to my other paths and set it to C: (no sub folders, just C:) while adding new software. I closed Cubase 6.5 and then tried to relaunch. Since Cubase 6.5 searches VST2 plugin paths on booting up, the program tries to search all of C: on my computer and crashes. (the crash maybe Cubase 6.5 or maybe my computer timing out because it takes too long to bootthe thousand of files)
How can I edit the VST plugin path without starting the program? I reinstalled the software but this did not solve the problem. Newer ver. of Cubase (maybe Cubase 10 based on a Yamaha Support email) store this type of info in a place similar to C:\Users\UpdatusUser\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg…that is not where my computer stores it. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Boudreaux1

I removed the VSTPluginPath.dll file and Cubase 6.5 now boots. but is unable to ues it without the .dll file. How can I edit the file and remove the offending path info and return the file to where it belongs? Any ideas?

Boudreaux1