Besides new MIDI functionality this updates features many workflow improvements that will let you work faster with Cubasis. We have also fixed many user reported problems making Cubasis a more robust app.
Here is the complete information about the new features as well as fixed user reported problems. Among many fixes, this update solves the issue of the screen getting darker as well as undo related problems.
- MIDI clock support (sends clock, start, continue, stop).
- MIDI thru support (located in inspector’s MIDI connections tab).
- Recording mode menu for punch in/out, pre-roll and count in (located in the toolbar).
- Interactive piano-roll in key editor (touching the keys will trigger the corresponding sound).
- Improved key editor workflow (many new tools added to the key editor).
- Drag & drop files from the Mediabay into the arranger or the trash.
Key Editor improvements
- The keys in the piano-roll now can be triggered.
- Piano-roll keys visually correspond to tapped MIDI notes and playback of MIDI parts.
- Crosshair cursor support when drawing notes.
- Grid follows snap settings.
Audio Editor improvements
- Tapping the ruler in the audio editor allows to toggle the display between bars and beats and seconds.
- Split tool can now be used for edits in the audio editor.
Arrange window improvements
- Double tap on an empty area between the locators in the arrangement creates an empty MIDI event.
- Double tap on an empty area in the track list creates a new track.
- The looped area is highlighted in the arrangement when cycle mode is activated.
- Long press on left or right locator allows to move locators with locked distance.
- Long press on a selected event/s allows to set locators to a selection.
- Locators follow snap setting.
- The draw and select tool are automatically deactivated after its usage.
- The default value of send reverb mix level in project templates has been set to 50%.
- Moving a fader in the mixer resets its clipping indicator.
- CPU meter displays total CPU usage of the device.
- A new low quality waveform display option for reducing the CPU load can be selected in the setup window.
- Performance improvement for MIDI drum tracks.
- Audiobus connection panel placement option added to the setup window.
- Instruments can now be loaded with a single tap.
- Project templates can now be loaded with a single tap.
- Mediabay subfolders added to the audio and MIDI folders.
- The sorting of the Mediabay date and size columns now works as expected.
- Fixes a problem where UNDO restored the wrong audio files.
- Fixes a problem where using UNDO on tracks that have been assigned to audiobus could lead to an unlocatable backup file.
- Changing the audio input of tracks that have been assigned to audiobus and using UNDO afterwards no longer leads to data loss.
- Using UNDO on tracks that are assigned to audiobus and have been renamed afterwards no longer leads to data loss.
- Fixes a problem where the user interface of Cubasis suddenly darkens.
- Fixes a rare problem where importing audio from the iTunes library into Cubasis failed.
- Importing multitrack MIDI files no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
- Fixes an issue where using the redo function multiple times resulted in an error message.
We all hope that you enjoy this update!