Cubasis 1.9.5 update available / Special launch price

You are welcome! :wink:

Thanks!
RG

Congratulations for the excellent minisampler !! :smiley: I hope, in a later version of the APP or In-App option, you can enter a full version of the sampler with envelopes, filters, modulators and the possibility of multi-level sampling.
PS : it would be useful to be able to enter the loop point using numerical values taken ā€‹ā€‹, for example, taken from a looped wave

Thanks! Weā€™re glad to hear youā€™re happy with the update!
Also thanks for the feature suggestions!

Hi all, a newbie here after upgrading from GB. Thanks for the sale price & update. I have some songs on GB that Iā€™d like to import into cubasis to use all those effects. Brilliant! I have managed to ā€œopen inā€ a track into Cubasis but I have a couple of questions.

1. BPM are set the same (120) as is 4/4 & quantise in GB & Cubasis. The beats are not matching?

2. Do these GB files go into an Audio or Midi track?

Thanks. Iā€™m Looking forward to making music on Cubasis.

Hi,

glad you joined us and you are using Cubasis now! Please open a separate topic for your migration questions please.

Thanks!
RG

Is the option to to return to the start position on stop still not on your list of future features? Itā€™s been six months since I first reported this. I know Iā€™m a stuck record with it - Iā€™ll simply never use the program til itā€™s available, and right now I feel kinda dumb buying the thing in the first place.

I wish that Steinberg would pay some attention to the question of transferring projects (track) to and fro between Cubase/Nuendo and Cubasis. Steinberg appears to assume that everyone starts their projects in Cubasis and then transfers them to Cubase/Nuendo. I hardly ever do! I mainly use Cubasis as a remote recording complement to Cubase.

That means that I need to:

1. Manually render all Instrument/MIDI tracks, Group tracks, FX tracks, etc (as ā€œstemsā€) in Cubase.
  2. Manually transfer these audio files to Cubasis.
  3. Manually rebuild the project in Cubasis.

After Iā€™ve done the location recording, I need to:
4. Manually render the newly recoded tracks to ā€œstemsā€ in Cubasis.
5. Manually transfer the audio files to my computer.
6. Manually import the audio files into Cubase.
7. ā€œClean upā€ the tracks (i.e. removing excess silence).

All this is very tedious and labour intensive, and could very easily be automated by a ā€œRound Tripā€ feature in Cubase/Nuendo/Cubasis. I suggest the following:
Add a Export Project to Cubasis menu item in Cubase/Nuendo. This would:

1. perform a Render-in-Place on all tracks that needed it (MIDI/Instrument, Group, FX).
  2. Transfer all required tracks to Cubasis.
  3. Build a Cubasis project.

When tracks are recorded or edited in Cubasis, they are marked as such.

Add a Return to Cubase option in Cubasis. This would:

1. This would transfer all audio files that are marked as new recordings or edited back to the computer. Ignoring all unchanged audio files.
  2. Import the audio files into Cubase and add tracks and parts as needed. It should be a user setting to determine if edited tracks results in the parts being replaced or a new track added.

Iā€™ve posted a poll here, so that you can voice your opinion:

ā€œCB-1116 Long tap on rewind button sets playhead to start positionā€ has been addressed for this in 1.9.5.

Best,
Lars

Hi Cityboy,

weā€™re glad to welcome you to the Cubasis family!

While Cubasis does not offer GB project import functionalities, there should be no issues to import audio or MIDI files with exact bpm information into Cubasis, and these should match tempo-wise without any problems.

Please double check that your material to be exported with GB has exact settings and give it another try.

Depending if you export MIDI or audio tracks in GB, these should be imported to the same track class (audio or MIDI) in Cubasis.

Please find a list of available Cubasis tutorial clips right here: [UPDATED] Steinberg Cubasis - Official tutorials & teasers - Cubasis - Steinberg Forums

Best,
Lars

Urgh. Again, this isnā€™t even close to being the same thing, and does not address the question. So again:

Will you add the option to automatically return to the start position (NOT necessarily the top of the track) on stop (NOT on a manual keypress every time)? In Cubase (including Elements) it appears as an option in transport preferences - ā€œreturn to start position on stopā€. Thatā€™s all Cubasis needs - nothing more, nothing less.

Iā€™m a little disappointed with these being left off the update. The meter, specifically, is already into one of the plugins on the master bus. The others are obviously handy as well. The last two are pretty important in the mixing of recordings.
This is a great recording app, but the mixing phase is still limited. Hereā€™s to another update soon. Thanks for this particular update.

Thanks for the update. We will look forward to future features.

Hi Lars

I hope Iā€™m answering this correctly. Hopefully this list will help.

These run in the midi tracks through IAA:
Alchemy
Animoog
Audulus
Galileo Organ
Geo Synth
Guitar Capo+
iM1
Magellan
MorphWiz
Nanologue
Nave
OMGuitar
PPG WaveMapper
SampleWiz
SynthMaster
SoundScaper
Sparkle
Sunrizer
TF7
ThumbJam
Xynthesizr

These apps do NOT show up on midi tracks through IAA:

Thor
Mitosynth
Kong Gadget
Kong Module
Grain Science
Photophores
Samplr
Sliver
TC-11
SoundPrism Electro
Rock Drum Machine
Gumdrops
Diode 108
NodeBeat HD
DrumKick
Tin Pan Rhythm
dmTouch
Navichord
Launchkey

These apps show up in the effects insert on audio tracks and function as they should:
AudioReverb
AUFX:PeakQ
AUFX:Push
Crystalline
EchoPad
GliderVerb
Johnny
Noiise Flux:FX
StereoDesigner
Vio
iVoxel
Harmony Vioces
BIAS FX
BIAS Amp

This covers most of what I use. Itā€™s the second group of apps that has me puzzled. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank!

Hi Musecrafter,

Thanks for your message.

Cubasis offers three basic ways of operating with 3rd party apps via IAA:

• Effects can be assigned as insert or send effects
  • Instruments can be assigned to a MIDI track
  • Generators can be used as inputs for audio tracks

The IAA apps that are not listed as instruments (only for audio track inputs) are in fact IAA generators (= only for audio tracks) and not IAA instruments, i.e. they cannot receive MIDI via IAA (only via CoreMIDI).

Please refer to Cubasisā€™ In-App help (Accessories/Routing) to learn more about the topic.
On top, here is a very useful Cubasis IAA tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDfZvwPrkTo

Hope that helps,
Lars

Is there anyway we can display the note name/number (ex: C4) on the midi notes? It must be an easy easy fix and would greatly help out people new to music. Plus every other DAW on ipad supports this. Please make this happen for next update guys.

Dear LSlowak, i have upgraded my iPad ios from v8.4 to the beat 3 iOS 9. From that time the Cubasis v1.9.5 stopped working. However, iā€™ve reverted my ipad back to the iOS v8.4 and everything is working fine now. I just wanted to give you a feedback.

Best regards,

Costas Tsouloupas

Hi Costas,

Thank you for the information.

Since iOS 9 have not been released so far, the installation of beta versions is at the userā€™s risk and will not be supported by Steinberg. Cubasis will be tested on iOS 9, official support is planned to be announced once iOS 9 has been officially released.

Best wishes,
Lars