Cubasis 1.9.9 update available

I think someone has mistaken iOS as a fully developed, mature and professional platform for music. It’s for mobile devices used by millions of non-artists, and the prices reflect that. I doubt those developing Cubasis have the resources to build a more complete app than it is at this stage, and trying to shame them into meeting demands seems a poor tact. I think it’s better to be patient until they can get to every feature people want. Many of us who use Cubasis, or just about any iOS music app for that matter, get by with what is offered, and having to stick to a single tempo and time signature is not uncommon.

Hi Svenne,

Thanks for your message.

As you can probably imagine, we do receive numerous requests from users and we do appreciate.

Since its initial release back in December 2016 the app has been constantly updated with lots of new features, improvements and important maintenance topics. Also we take customer requests very seriously.

The great number of user requests makes it impossible to roll-in all the features that are included in our backlog at once but we continue to provide new additions on a regular basis.

At this moment the full team is busy finishing the works on the upcoming Cubasis update that will include lots of new features, improvements and bugfixes, to be announced once it becomes available. Of course, the update will be free of charge for existing customers (as all previous updates).

Best,
Lars

Maybe it’s not a ridiculous request. I am in the same situation. I have Cubase 8 pro. and I need to load projects in to cubasis for my ipad to perform remote sessions. Maybe it is a more reasonable request to frame it this way. Let’s talk about an utility program or an update to Cubase 8, that allows user the ability to export to and from cubasis? let’s face it cubasis may never have that feature, but our working top of the line DAW Cubase should.

Hi Lars,

Please add Bus routing capabilities to the 2.0 update.

Thanks,
Hoshane

Hi,

To import Cubase projects to Cubasis:

• Please export your audio and MIDI files via channel batch export in Cubase
  • Transfer/import the files to Cubasis (possible via WiFi Server, iTunes FileSharing, iCloud Drive, Dropbox, external hard drives etc.)

Best,
Lars

Check out this entry: CB-2970 Resolves a random issue where undo/redo leads to multiple unexpected changes.

I haven’t been bitten by the mythic, so-called “UNDO BUG”, but I’m aware that a lot of users have been frothing up in arms about it for some time.

Presuming this means they can now settle their horses and get back to mobile music-making, I raise my glass to the developers!

So lands another strike in the ongoing battle between Cubasis, the golden child from a privileged background, and Auria Pro, the young, scrappy and hungry upstart.

Thanks for your message!

Indeed, the UNDO bug was hard to catch back then.

We’re working on the next update that includes lots of new features, improvements and fixes and will be free for existing customers. Stay tuned.

Best,
Lars

This is what I would like to do too: Be able to zoom out /minimize the size of the individual channels to see the whole project. It would help when you have more tracks vertically so you can select them all on the same screen view to select for copying, moving, etc.

Hi Synthtron,

It is possible to change the track height when performing corresponding finger gestures above the track list.
Horizontal zooming are easily possible above the arrange window.

Both options allow to quickly set zoom settings of your project at your wish.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars