I can only confirm the fundamental workflow criticism, even if it does not concern all details named above.
The Cubasis team has been setting completely wrong priorities from my view in their last updates: pure gimmicks (like a drum box which seriously can’t be mirrored in Cubase) and things like mastering effects, instead of substantial workflow development.
- the (after all this time still!) missing data folder/subfolder structure is a complete no go for regular Cubasis use: it forces you to scroll like hell as soon as the different Media categories fill up
- the missing keyboard shortcuts, which could improve workflow a lot, are inexcusable meanwhile
- the missing midi functionality for routing to different channels, needed to use third party plugins limited to interapp audio, is necessary (we had discussed that earlier)
- setting up midi tracks could be a bit more straightforward, as mentioned above.
- user templates are still missing (only a workaround via empty projects is possible, which makes the project window even more flooded due to missing subfolder structure)
The Cubasis development feels extremely slow concerning all these BASIC workflow issues, from my view as user, and nowhere near where it should be since it started. I really wanted to like Cubasis and to use it day in day out, because it could have been a great tool for mobile recording in connection with my main use of Cubase 9.5 pro. But based on the missing workflow development, and in view of the disappointing development speed, I have largely abandoned Cubasis meanwhile, apart from some really basic and minimalistic idea sketching. And yes, just like DX-Base, I think you will begin losing user base going on like that.
It is the pairing of Cubase Pro and Cubasis which is essential for both sides. The very last thing really needed for Cubasis from my view is standalone mixing and mastering on an iPad (that is done MUCH better and MUCH more efficient and flexible in Cubase, with masses of high quality VST plugins available there). Cubasis should first of all be a fast recording (NOT: mixing and mastering!) tool, for fast and efficient workflow in connetion with Cubase. You are simply wasting user time (and patience) and ignoring real everyday user preferences, while setting completely other priorities, IMHO.