Cubasis 2.8 and Summer Sale [ENDED] available

Dear all,

We are proud to announce the immediate release of Cubasis 2.8!

Download Cubasis on the App Store

Freely available to existing customers, v2.8 adds two new drum machines plus MIDI grooves to the Classic Machines in-app purchase, perfectly complementing its collection of great sounding vintage drum machines.

Frequently requested for quite some time, full grid line support in the Arrange window and MIDI editor alongside refined Audio Share file handling and revised Track Freeze greatly supports a quicker workflow.

The new Notepad feature allows to have your lyrics or track information always with you directly within your Cubasis project and so much more.

Alongside, our Cubasis Summer Sale starts today and is available until July 3, 2019.
Enjoy 50% off Cubasis 2 and all all in-app purchases!

Please support us, by rating Cubasis on the App Store!
Your feedback is valuable and helps us to further develop and improve our app!

Big thanks to our great small creative team, who believe in Cubasis, and often outgrowing themselves to make our little app better and better.

Thanks
& enjoy making music
Lars

Cubasis Summer Sale (runs until July 3, 2019)
50% OFF on Cubasis 2 and all all in-app purchases

・Cubasis 2 $23.99/26.99€ (Reg. $49.99/54.99€)
・Waves Plug-in Bundle IAP $9.99/10.99€ (Reg. $19.99/21.99€)
・Classic Machines IAP $2.99/3.99€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
・Micrologue ARP IAP $1.99/2.29€ (Reg. $4.99/5.49€)
・FX Pack 1 IAP $2.99/3.99€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
・FX Pack 2 IAP $2.99/3.99€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)

What’s New in Cubasis 2.8

・Classic Machines Refill*
Be truly inspired when programming your beats with two beautiful, sought-after drum kits, each in two tasty variations and with a range of ready-to-go MIDI grooves, newly added to Classic Machines in-app purchase. As an existing user you can grab the Classic Machines update for free, or get more bang for your buck if you’re a newbie.

・Notepad
Use the great new notepad feature to display lyrics within Cubasis and easily adjust them to your needs. You can also write down track-based information or any other notes you need. Just make your choice and Cubasis follows.

・AudioShare support*
Tap the new AudioShare button to instantly import the audio files you want to use in your project or share audio files with the rest of the world. Cubasis makes it simple to keep your focus on what’s most important.

・Track Freeze refresh
Track Freeze quickly converts tracks (including their settings) into new audio tracks. In 2.8, easily normalize tracks on the go while freezing them, or set locators to limit track freeze to single events or dedicated regions.

・Full grid lines support in Arrange Window
Benefit from an even better user experience and razor-sharp precision that makes use of full grid lines support in the Arrange Window, including newly added support for triplet and dotted notes.

・Full grid lines support in MIDI editor
Whether you are composing new MIDI parts in the MIDI editor or polishing existing tracks - grid lines support provides you with great new options to snap notes to the beat with total accuracy, speed and efficiency.

・Maintenance
Cubasis 2.8 includes several user-requested improvements, which assure the best possible performance with the utmost stability.

*Classic Machines Refill requires Classic Machines IAP, AudioShare support requires the AudioShare app.

Cubasis 2.8 Maintenance and Improvements

CB-4615 Bluetooth A2DP support added.
CB-4632 Several podcaster project templates added to MediaBay.
CB-4633 Cubasis LE adds a new compressor effect plug-in.
CB-4504 Double tap on snap button allows to toggle the snap state between off and previous state.
CB-4635 Template “Create Project with MIDI and Audio Track” has been been updated.
CB-4587 Solves a rare problem, where double tapping on a Micrologue factory preset renders Cubasis unreliable.
CB-4650 Loading a project than contains unknown Audio Unit MIDI effect plug-ins no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
CB-4599 Solves a problem where certain parameters of some Audio Unit plug-ins could not be automated.
CB-4612 Solves a rare problem, where the project sample rate is switched to 16 kHz when connecting a dedicated bluetooth headphone model.
CB-4591 Solves a minor issue, where the project sample rate message appears, after connecting a hardware that supports the existing sample rate.
CB-4624 MIDI track naming is adopted correctly, after MIDI notes are recorded or drawn in the editor.
CB-4613 Solves a minor graphical issue, where a grey border appears around the Classic Machines (in-app purchase) user interface.

There is one feature i’d Love to be included in cubasis above all, I’d happily pay up to 29 dollars for this as an IAP, and it’s some kind of pitch shift graph or automation for audio clips, so I take long samples and make risers and downshifters from them. Is such a feature in the plans? Also the ability to “freeze” or render out or flatten multiple tracks to a single audio clip on a single new audio track. Lastly, and I know this is a long shot, but if you could build in a quick way to duck the volume of a track based on the amplitude data in another track or even based on some midi data that would be insanely awesome. Oooo and if we gonna get generous, super lastly a gosh darn LFO generation tool for the automation graphs (I was surprised that this wasn’t in it from the start)… these requests have been put in order of importance and amount I’d be willing to spend on activating them as an iap.

Hi,

I have Cubasis LE (got beside UR22 mk2) with full feature set activated (paid in-app), which means for me finally I should have the full version by upgrading from LE. However the 2.8 version is not available in the app store for this Cubasis LE full featureset.
Please let me know your plans regarding the 2.8 upgrade for the LE version.

Thanks in advance

Hi Glacey,

Cubasis 2.8 and Cubasis LE 2.8 have been released in parallel (same for the updated full feature set IAP of the LE version).
Sometimes it can take some time until the updates are available depending on the country.

These are the steps…

1. Update Cubasis LE with the latest available v2.8 version (optional, but recommended)
  2. Go to “Shop”, “Full feature set IAP” and tap the “Restore purchased” button

Please give it another try and let me know if the problem is solved.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi,

As an existing user of Cubasis I’ve updated to Cubasis 2.8 but Ikm nog able to grab the Classic machines update for free. iPad iOS 12.3.1

Best regard

I think I still need group channels. More important.

Hi okmedia,

On the list for long time, and might require some time still, but we’re getting closer…

Best,
Lars

Hi Meo,

Thanks for your message.

• Please tap the “Shop” button in the top menu bar
  • In the “Shop”, please tap the “Restore Purchased”

Once done, you should be able to see and load the new CM drum kits “COMP” and “MINI”.
In addition, you should find the associated MIDI grooves in the corresponding “Classic Machines” folder (MEDIA/MIDI/Classic Machines).

Hope you’ll enjoy the new drum kits!

Best,
Lars

Thanks for the update: nearly missed it on vacation. Useful progress from version to version!

The next most important thing to me would be a Cubase/GrooveAgent 5 compatible version of Beat Agent 5 (Micro Agent or whatever). Classic machines are nice, but someting, wich would translate to Cubase Beat Agent well, would be really hip, and a big addition to any kind of beat making in Cubasis (especially regarding other groove tools in comparison, like Beatmaker, Korg Gadget etc.).

Hi Lars,

Back from a long vacation I’m still nog able to resterende the free Classic machines comp and mini
When I hit restore purchased I get the following message “you Will be informeren when the connecties to the store is established

I’m a registrated user I’ve updated Cubasis to 281

Please help🎶

Best
Meo

Hi Meo,

The free Classic Machines drum kits should be immediately accessible once you’ve restored your purchases in the shop, via pressing the similar named “Restore Purchased” button.

The App Store is fully handled by Apple.

Please make sure to log-in with the same account you’ve used when purchasing the Classic Machines in-app purchase.
In addition it might be helpful to log-off from the App Store, shut down the iPad and try again.

If it doesn’t help to solve the issue, please browse the web for articles how to solve App Store issues.

Please let me know this helps to solve the problem.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hey - same issue here.

Did you have any luck solving this?

Hey - same issue here.
Did you have any luck solving this?

Sames as above, the free Classic Machines drum kits additions should be immediately accessible once you’ve restored your purchases in the shop, via pressing the similar named “Restore Purchased” button.

Please note that the App Store is fully handled by Apple.

Please make sure to log-in with the same account you’ve used when purchasing the Classic Machines in-app purchase.
In addition it might be helpful to log-off from the App Store, shut down the iPad and try again.

If it doesn’t help to solve the issue, please browse the web for articles how to solve App Store issues.

Please let me know this helps to solve the problem.

Best wishes,
Lars