Cubasis 2 : number of stereo tracks is limited

System:

Cubasis 2.8.x, iPad Air 64GB, iOS 12.4.x

Connected devices: RME Babyface Pro or Yamaha MX88 (has an integrated class compliant 2x2 audio interface)

Problem: It is not possible to add another stereo audio track after 3 or 4 stereo tracks already being recorded. The selection menu only allows another mono track.

Two examples:

1. Yamaha MX connected: 6 MIDI tracks (MIDI routed to Yamaha MX as sound source) and 2 stereo audio tracks are recorded in Cubasis and play fine. However, I cannot add another stereo track. I want to use it to render the MIDI tracks into one stereo audio track. Or else I won’t be able to render the complete song into audio, because part is MIDI.

As a workaround I used 2 tracks in Multitrack DAW to record the song playing in Cubase (via IAA). One track is recording the audio output from the Yamaha MX (triggered by the MIDI tracks in Cubasis), the other recording the audio output of Cubasis (which is only the 2 audio tracks).

2. RME Babyface Pro connected: 2 or 3 stereo audio tracks are recorded. I cannot add another stereo audio track, only mono.

Please help!

1 Like

Hi @Mark_guitandsynth,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the Cubasis forum!

I want to use it to render the MIDI tracks into one stereo audio track. Or else I won’t be able to render the complete song into audio, because part is MIDI.

Does the MIDI sound you want to record come from the Yamaha MX device?

Sidenote: Cubasis supports Track Freeze to convert MIDI and audio tracks to audio.
However this will not work with external MIDI sounds, coming from hardware devices.

Normally, these should be the steps for your usecase (to record MIDI sounds from the Yamaha MX device):

• Create a new audio track
  • In the routing ta, choose the audio channels where the hardware device is connected to

Please note that the number of available input/output channels is given (and limited) by the audio device in use. E.g. a 2x2 audio interface is limited to two input and output tracks.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

Ok, I started Cubasis again, toggled all the “track arm” buttons on and off.

Now I was able to add another stereo track (before that adding only a mono track was possible). Your post gave me the idea. Maybe there was already a stereo track armed, when I wanted to add a new stereo track. Would that cause this problem of not being able to create a new stereo track (because of the 2x2 interface)?

Thank you and best regards
Mark

Hi @Mark_guitandsynth,

Maybe something was wrong for no particular reason.
I assume the problem is solved for now, correct?

Best,
Lars