Cubasis 3.0.2 available

Dear all,

Hopefully you are all well!

We are glad to announce the immediate availability of the next Cubasis 3.0.2 update, which brings back the long-awaited Apple Pencil support and the MiniSampler edit functionality, alongside resolving further issues.

Please make sure to stay healthy during these times!

Enjoy making music,
Lars

Cubasis 3.0.2 Version History

Features
CBT-1416 MiniSampler Full Feature Update
CBT-0970 Apple Pencil Support
CBT-1409 Audiobus SDK 3.0.11

Maintenance and improvements
CBT-1388 Switching to home screen while background audio is enabled and playback is running, no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
CBT-1432 Importing an audio or MIDI file, while a group track is selected no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
CBT-1219 Resolves a problem, where loading a project which is set to a different sample rate causes detuning.
CBT-1481 Addresses a problem where MicroSonic release times are played too long, compared to Cubasis 2.
CBT-1385 Inter-App Audio track monitoring now works as expected.
Holding a keyboard key and moving up into the minimap no longer leads to loud notes.
CBT-1401 Resolves a problem where MIDI effect plug-ins are listed as regular insert effects in the mixer.
CBT-1556 Addresses a problem, where the MediaBay toolbar is not properly updated, when switching to the instruments
folder.
CBT-1330 Registering Cubasis 3 now works as expected.
CBT-1522 Solves a graphical issue, where the monitoring button appears on MIDI tracks in the mixer.
CBT-1555 Resolves a graphical issue, where the my presets list have the wrong height.

Cubasis Sale (ends April 08, 2020)

Cubasis
・Cubasis 3 $33.99/37.99€ (Reg. $49.99/54.99€)
・Cubasis 2 $15.99/17.99€ (Reg. $23.99/26.99€)

Cubasis In-App Purchases
・Waves Plug-in Bundle IAP $9.99/10.99€ (Reg. $19.99/21.99€)
・Classic Machines IAP $2.99/3.99€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
・Micrologue ARP IAP $1.99/2.29€ (Reg. $4.99/5.49€)
・FX Pack 1 IAP $2.99/3.99€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
・FX Pack 2 IAP $2.99/3.99€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)

How long does it normally take to make it to the Australian App Store?

In MiniSampler, what is the “pitch band range” supposed to do? I don’t notice any difference changing it.

Hey Lars, I just updated to 3.0.2 and a little to my disappointment, an issue I found is still present with this update. Granted, I only discovered it yesterday and chances are good you are unaware of it, so here’s what I have noticed:

When you import a midi file into a project, instead of the file going to the track you place it on, a new default instrument track is created automatically (Acoustic Piano) and that is where the midi file will land. In other words, the file doesn’t go to the track you want it to. In addition to this, the name of the midi file doesn’t get displayed when the file is imported into the project, it just displays the instrument name. I know I can just move the midi file to the desired track and delete the created track, but that is a lot of unnecessary work, and the file name still won’t be displayed correctly.

I will add that this is happening on files grouped in folders within more folders. It doesn’t seem to behave this way for the factory midi files that aren’t in folders. I also verified that what I am experiencing here isn’t happening in Cubasis 2, but I can’t be completely sure, since Cubasis 2 doesn’t have folders. So that’s what leads me to think that it has something to do with importing the file from a series of folders. I would like to send a screen recording of this to you, if possible, so you can see exactly what’s happening, in hopes that the issue will be fixed in the next update. Thanks.

In just about any synth or sampler, this setting controls how far the pitch will change when using the pitch bend wheel on the keyboard. For example, a setting of 12 means a full octave (12 semitones) up or down when the wheel is moved all the way up or down. Is it not changing this for you?

Not sure if they bug I’m reporting is post 3.0.2 update but the Waves Limiter from the in app purchase is causising lots of air noise!! The DSP meter goes through the roof. Just purchased the waves bundle and would love to have it working ASAP ! Thanks for the update though. Really needed Apple Pencil support

Hi radiKal,

Pitch-bend allows to smoothly glide up or down played tones by a given amount.
In the MiniSampler, “Pitch bend rang” allows to set this amount.

Please try this, to hear the effect yourself:

• Load “EP Mark I” from the MiniSampler factory instruments
  • Make sure the on-board keyboard is visible including the “Wheels” option
  • Play a key and hold it, while moving the pitch-bend on the left side up or down
  • Change “Pitch Bend Range” and play the key again, while moving the pitch-bend wheel up or down

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Thank you for the constant development of Cubasis 3. I really appreciate your work.
Unfortunately since the latest update there seems to be a severe Issue, which is the following:

Whenever I put effects on groups I get the impression that the group track runs parallel to the actual tracks the group is trying to combine… therefore drastic eq changes on the grouptrack only have a minor impact on the signal I’m listening to. Much like parallel compression or a Dry / Wet Knob at 50 percent…

Did I mess something up ?
Please help me, because this really keeps me from working …

Thank you Daniel

Hi Murena,

Thank you for your kind message:
It’s the great and exceptional team who develops Cubasis… :slight_smile:

Regarding your issue, are you able to provide us with a step description, project or clip (e.g Dropbox link via PM), that supports our engineering to reproduce the problem?

Thanks
& stay safe,
Lars

Bug Reporting Form

1. Summary/Title
    (Provide a short but descriptive sentence that summaries the issue or feature request)

2. Description
    (Provide a detailed description and list the step by step process to reproduce the issue to help the team to understand and reproduce the problem)

3. Expected Results
    (Describe what you expected to see)

4. Actual Results
    (Describe what you actually saw)

5. Environment
    (Count the hardware and software including version numbers being used)

Dear Steinberg
There are lot of bugs in Cubasis 3 and dont tell me the tips which Are common as background on higher latency
I am submitting again what I faced and user’s are sharing on social platform
1- Midi file is not importing with name and desired track
2-cubasis 3 crashed in audiobus 3 and AUM every time ( important)
3- sending unstable midi clock
4-DSP is not stable ( very important) lot of people’s reviews compare to cubasis 2
5- audio file copy paste . If I trimmed an audio and copy and paste so pasted audio goes untrim again

Need Improvement
1- midi and audio file should In transparency form when two file is up and down which is more flexible in editing as was in cubasis 2
2- selection tool should be same as cubasis 3 when Audio and midi file copy and paste . This time selection tool is creating unnecessary problem
I mean when I select selectin tool and select a file selection tool should be unselect automatically. Because of this I made many wrong copy and paste .

Hi Divesh,

Thank you for your message.

Please support us by following these tips to report your Cubasis issues:

How to report a Cubasis 3 problem

1- Midi file is not importing with name and desired track

Please provide us with the file which fails to import via Dropbox (download link via private message).

2-cubasis 3 crashed in audiobus 3 and AUM every time ( important)

Our good friend Jakob Haq produced a video about this.
Please have a look at it!

Record from AUM into Cubasis 2 & 3 | IAA Output Routing | haQ attaQ

In regards to the remaining issues, please provide us with detailed reports (see above).

Thanks
Lars

hi,
Almost perfect.
For a mobile DAW, this is pretty packed. If you’re a serious hobbiest or if you’re full time job is music production, this DAW has it. It has its limitations naturally, but 80% of composition and production can be done here. There are relatively basic features that I am surprised are missing: visual view of envelops on each track, and song key/scale setting. For the audio envelopes, the app offers ways around this, however, it would be nice to see the envelope right on the track itself, and be able to adjust the points right there. For the song key/scale setting - most if not all DAWs have this feature. Even basic ones. So why it’s missing here, beyond me.

Last gripe I have is with the inter app function - it doesn’t work, bottom line. It freezes. Crashes. Doesn’t matter which app I’m using. I have the latest iPad and using updated ios. This feature does not work.

Otherwise, solid release and happy to support this in the future. It sounds like the developers listen and that’s a big plus.

Hi markjonas,

Thank you for your positive review and feedback about Cubasis 3 - greatly appreciated!

Last gripe I have is with the inter app function - it doesn’t work, bottom line. It freezes. Crashes. Doesn’t matter which app I’m using. I have the latest iPad and using updated ios. This feature does not work.

Did you enable Backgound Audio under Setup/Audio?

Please note that Inter-App Audio comes with many limitations, which we’ve combined in a dedicated Inter-App Audio article.

In addition, Apple has introduced the much more flexible Audio Unit format quite a while ago, which can be seen as their successor of IAA (which no longer will be maintained by Apple).

We strongly suggest to get in touch with 3rd party app vendors to ask for AU versions of their IAA apps.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars