Cubasis 3.1.2 Freezing/Crashing

Hi there,

I’m having some issues since the upgrade to v3.1.2 that weren’t present before.

Essentially, Cubasis “hangs” in play mode when playing a project, particularly while tweaking any insert effects or settings. Play continues and can’t be stopped and the app is pretty much unresponsive asides from being able to close the effect pane if it’s open. There’s no way out asides from exiting the app in the usual iOS way of swiping (if it hasn’t crashed.) This usually occurs within a couple of minutes of opening a session. Weirdly, it doesn’t seem to be every project but once the issue happens it seems to remain.

I’m only using the built in effects, paid for Waves and Steinberg plugins and REAMP and STARK by Klevgrand. I’ve tried switching the Klevgrand auv3’s off or removing and therer seems to be the same problem. I’ve also bypassed everything on the mix bus. DSP seems also to be getting up to the 80% plus mark, much quicker since the upgrade. Also, battery drain is high if I don’t completely close down the app when I’m not using. Again, this wasn’t an issue with the other version.

All apps and my operating system are current versions and I have plenty of storage available. I’ve done the usual reboots, opened different projects etc.

Any help appreciated.

Cubasis 3.1.2
iOS 13.6.1
iPad 6th Generation MR7J2B/A

I forgot to add, all tracks are recorded audio with one drum loop from the stock set used too.

It also looks like STARK has the biggest effect on DSP with two inserts peaking well over 50% with every other send, insert and master plugin disabled.

(Note that the main crashing/locking issue was happening before I purchased and tried STARK out, having only bought it last night.)

Hi 45bps,

Thank you for your message.

Please try these steps first:
• Load an empty project
• Quit all audio and non-audio apps by double tapping the home button and swiping them up
• Reboot your iPad device

If the problem persists, please let us have a short bug report using our bug form below.

Thanks
Lars

Reporting Form (Feature Requests / Issues)

1. Summary/Title
    (Provide a short but descriptive sentence that summaries the issue or feature request)

2. Description
    (Provide a detailed description and list the step by step process to reproduce the issue to help the team to understand and reproduce the problem)

3. Expected Results
    (Describe what you expected to see)

4. Actual Results
    (Describe what you actually saw)

5. Environment
    (Count the hardware and software including version numbers being used)

Reporting Form (Feature Requests / Issues)

1. Summary/Title
    (Provide a short but descriptive sentence that summaries the issue or feature request)

Cubasis 3.1.2 Freezing/Crashing

1. Description
    As in my original post. Open Cubasis project, press play, attempt to tweak insert settings particularly with REAMP enabled, close inserts window, app won’t stop playing. It doesn’t always hang first time but will eventually.

2. Expected Results
    I would expect to press stop to stop the playback as I did before the update.

3. Actual Results
    App won’t stop playing and needs to be closed down by exiting and swiping etc.

4. Environment

As in original post.

Cubasis 3.1.2
iOS 13.6.1
iPad 6th Generation MR7J2B/A

Steinberg compressor plugins, plus Waves eq and Klevgrand REAMP in inserts chain. Steinberg reverb and delay in the sends.

Hi 45bps,

If possible, please share the project with us via Dropbox (download link via private message), to allow us trying to reproduce the issue.

Best wishes,
Lars