(3rd party issue) Cubasis 3.3.1 crashes with iOS15 beta 4

I have iOS15 beta 4 on my iPad M1 and it crashes all the time. Hopefully iOS15 and Cubasis will work. Dorico is doing the same with Audio Units. Changing from one unit to another instantly shuts the app down.

Hi @seanudal,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that we can only support officially released operating systems, that we do support with our apps.

Nevertheless, it would be interesting to get more information about your issue, making sure Cubasis will run as expected when iOS 15 will be officially released.

If possible, please share a short clip with us which shows your crashing issues.

Thank you
& stay safe,
Lars

Hi @seanudal,

To give you a short update:
Our engineering informed me that the issue seems no longer to appear with iOS 15 beta 5.

If possible, please confirm.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi, my Cubasis 3.3.1 with new IOS15 is starting every recorded project very long time and crashes very often. With IOS 14 I had no problems like this . Will resolve it some new Cubasis update? Thanx.

Hi @MiroslavZ,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the Cubasis forum.

Please provide me with some more details, which enables us to reproduce your crash problems. Alongside, please provide me with the crash reports itself (please upload these via Dropbox or similar and let me have the download link via private message, or share it here).

Thanks in advance,
Lars

Hi Lars, thank you for your answer. Today I researched the problem of slow opening and crashing some recorded projects in Cubasis 3 in my new Ipad pro 2021 and I found, that it is caused by some external plugins. When I turned them off, the Cubasis was fast again.
I have one more comment. Would be possible to set the color recorded track to be transparent? To see the grid under the track as in Cubasis2. I think, it would be more practical.
Thanks,
Miroslav.

Hi @MiroslavZ,

Thanks for your message and clarification!

Today I researched the problem of slow opening and crashing some recorded projects in Cubasis 3 in my new Ipad pro 2021 and I found, that it is caused by some external plugins. When I turned them off, the Cubasis was fast again.

Please make sure to let the 3rd party app vendors know about the problem. We’re at hand to have them equipped with promo codes for testing purposes, if required.

Would be possible to set the color recorded track to be transparent? To see the grid under the track as in Cubasis2. I think, it would be more practical.

We try our best to make Cubasis better with every update. Will share th request with the team, and hope that a change will be possible at some point in the future.

Stay well
& best wishes,
Lars

1 Like