Cubasis 3.3 work with new SSL UC1?

I understand their SSL 360 app is somehow involved, enabling support for more than standard HUI or MMC.

If it does support normal HUI or MMC, will the compressor controls (for example) work with the Waves L1 ULTRAMAXIMIZER or AUDIOTRACK plug-ins?

That would be truly awesome!!

Hi @dovjgoldman,

Thank you for your message.

Introduced with V3.3, Cubasis provides MIDI Learn, Mackie Control (MCU) and HUI protocol support. When enabling MIDI Learn you will immediately see the assignable app sections (such as transport, tracklist, mixer, pads, Micrologue, the internal effects etc.).

However the feature does not provide controller options for the Waves IAPs and/or AUv3 plug-ins (unless the 3rd party plug-ins provide MIDI Learn support themselves).

Please learn more about the new feature additions in our MIDI Learn, Mackie Control and HUI Protocol Support tutorial and/or take a look at the Cubasis 3 help.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes
& stay well,
Lars

Thank you Lars.

Please answer my other more important question about the setting the Cubasis Midi Device ID. You did not answer my question.

Please answer my other more important question about the setting the Cubasis Midi Device ID. You did not answer my question.

Hi @dovjgoldman,

Please let me know, which question you are referring to.

Thanks,
Lars

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/where-do-we-set-the-cubasis-3-3-midi-sysex-device-id/720882/4

I am asking how to either:

a) Set the Cubasis Midi Device ID (for inclusion in the Sysex string comprising the MCU commands)

OR

b) Start recording using a Midi Learned CC

Regarding a, I have AuriaPro responding to record start, play, stop and rewind. So, I know I have the Sysex strings correct. However, I know where to set the midi device ID. Without a Midi Device ID, one may not construct a valid Sysex string.

Regarding b, it’s very obvious how to do Midi learn and assign CC’s to record, start, stop, etc. The normal behavior when pressing record is that Cubasis automatically presses play and starts recording. This does not work for a midi learned CC.

Thank you for your help.

Dov

Hi @dovjgoldman,

Thanks, did exchange with our engineering and replied here:

Best,
Lars