Hello, I am trying to setup my Cubasis live performance projects and I found an issue I cannot fix.
What I did is I created an audio track with my metronome in Cubase Pro 11/12. (what I mean by 11/12 is that I’ve tried with both).
When I import this audio track into a Cubasis project at the same tempo, let’s say 150bpm. This audio file goes out of sync with the grid of Cubasis.
Now, I tested a workaround by chopping a single click of my audio event and copy/paste until I fill the range I need for my track. This works but has a flaw too, since this big chopped event visually is very difficult to see anything inside the event when zoomed out, I wanted to make a full event out of it so I can see the waveforms at a glance.
Audio events cannot be “glued” so my best option is to freeze or mixdown the track.
The problem is the frozen or mixdown track goes out of sync with the original chopped track. I have tried EVERYTHING, every option, real time bounce, changed buffer, restarted my ipad pro, tried the tail option on and off, etc… I am running out of ideas and I am starting to think this is actually an issue with the software.
I am including a few screenshots and the procedure to reproduce is as follows:
1.- Create a 150bpm click track in Cubase Pro (or wherever) for example @48k24bit.
2.- Import the audio track in Cubasis 3.4.1 into a project with the same 48k24bit and 150bpm.
3.- Zoom the audio event and see how it is out of sync with the grid.
1.- Inside Cubasis chop a single click from the click track created previously and make sure you quantize it with Cubasis grid.
2.- Copy/Paste this single event for example until bar 180.
3.- Freeze or Mixdown this copy/pasted event
4.- Zoom and check the new event for discrepancies in sync with the original.
You will see not only the events go out of sync, but also you will see some waveforms are even different. They should be exactly the same and be in the same spot but it is not.
As a reference I am using Ipad Pro (ML0T2X/A) iOS 15.4, Cubasis 3.4.1 and I am not using any inserts on any of my tracks. I deliberately empty all inserts/sends even if they were turned off.
Please, I need help with this since I am trying to use this for a live tour and I cannot use this at this state.