Cubasis 3.5 Cutting Off Beginning of Count Off

I couldn’t find this anywhere here so hope I’m not duplicating an earlier thread. I’m experiencing a problem with version 3.5 when playing MIDI file projects.
Lately they haven’t been playing the first beat of the count off. If I tap the drum track to bring up the piano roll editor it looks like the count off has been stretched so that the 1 starts slightly before the timeline itself. It appears there but only the rightmost 80% of it is visible (this is your basic 1, rest, 2, rest, 1,2,3,4 type of count off). The 3 is also slightly ahead of the beat sometimes as well and by the time you get to the second measure everything is back precisely on the grid. I didn’t change anything to make this happen (at least as far as I know) but it’s appearing on all my sequences now. I didn’t experience this before upgrading to 3.5 but that might not necessarily be the cause. Has anyone else experienced this or have a solution to the problem? Thanks in advance

Hi @Ben_Ninmann,

Are you able to share a clip with us, which shows the steps and the issue?

Thanks
Lars

Hi Lars,
Thanks for the reply. I just tried rendering a MIDI song to audio. When I played it back the entire count off sounded, so I’ll need to do some shuffling and record an audio playback of the file onto a different machine. However, when trying to play just the MIDI files the count off was still missing the first beat. In the meantime here’s a screen shot of the piano roll showing the first part of the count off being cut off from the left side.

I’ll work on getting an actual audio recording done soon. Thanks again.

Here’s a recording of the first few seconds of Moondance. The missing One count is observable here (or would that be unobservable?). Thanks again.

Hi @Ben_Ninmann,

Thanks for the info, which has been shared with the team.

Best,
Lars

Hi @Ben_Ninmann,

We are unable to reproduce the problem.

Please upload the project via Dropbox or similar, and let me have the download link via PM.

Thanks
Lars