Cubasis 3.5 | Known Issues (## UPDATED - Feb 7, 2023 ###)

I enjoyed trying to help, it put me on a quest to search the net for a solution, that’s how I saw your original comments in the forum dated 2020.
But, most importantly, I enjoyed the interaction :beers:

Found another bug: in 3.5, it’s not possible to rename Audio tracks anymore, reproduced on two devices under Android 13 with both Gboard and Samsung keyboard. In the Audio editor, the rename dialog opens, you enter something and hit Enter, dialog closes but nothing is renamed. IIRC that used to work in previous releases.

EDIT: the bug is limited to Audio tracks only, with MIDI tracks, it works correctly.

Cheers!
– Ch.

I use a Midas M32 together with an ipad air 3rd gen for recording and fader control. The pair works well and Cubasis 3.5 has worked fluidly and without issues. Recently I upgraded to a 5th gen ipad with M1 processor and I’ve noted the following issue: When you move the faders on the console, the faders on screen move erratically and in random intervals. In the 3rd gen ipad, the faders moved smoothly and precise adjustments were possible.

I must point out that this fader behavior is not just visual. The volume of the track itself is also changed in random steps and not smoothly like in the previous ipad. This, however, only happens when a physical fader is moved. When you move the virtual fader, it moves as intended and the physical fader moves accordingly.

I mix with the virtual faders window on for visual feedback, but compared to my previous ipad this issue is making mixing with an external controller tedious, not to mention the fader jumping. Hope this can be patched.

I have this too, but I think you mean ‘audio event’ rather than the track itself.
Steps to replicate for me are to open a project, rename one event successfully, then select another audio event and when i try to rename i get a blank rename box that i can’t type into.

Renaming Audio events of course, how could I mix that up! But yes, that’s what I meant :slight_smile:

Still, for me it’s limited to Audio events which can’t be renamed at all. With MIDI, everything works perfectly (tried on existing projects though).

– Ch.

Hi @Carjm,

Support for novation launchpad and launchkey is gone , the audio driver in android is rubbish , I had to buy audio evolution and gstomper in order to record my guitar, last time buying something from Steinberg.

We did not change anything in this regard. Do you use Android 13?

Google introduced the issue with their newly added MIDI 2.0 support in Android 13, and are working on a solution. In parallel, we aim to provide a workaround solution in the upcoming Cubasis 3.5.1 update, via disabling the MIDI I/O function.

Best,
Lars

Hi @whitelight,

Thanks for your message.

Another thing:CBT-3453 is a bit different here than written above:
When I open a recent Project upon Cubasis Start. Zooming doesnt work anyway. It also doesnt work with the zoom panel which is open by default on my Cubasis. In fact I can wether zoom nor move my track. My workaround: Open another project then reopen the wanted project and Bam: Zoom and Dragging Tracks work as supposed.
(By the way: This issue is not connected to the not-swiping ability of the magicmouse2)

The issue will be resolved in the next Cubasis update!

Best,
Lars

Can we please get full track pad support as advertised. We are missing horizontal scrolling and zooming in and out with trackpad on the playlist and in the piano roll. Thanks

Hi @KalleSandare,

Found a bug: when you want to record an IIA app and select it in routing, Cubasis freezes.
Recording not possible.

Using Inter-App Audio plug-ins can bring up many issues.

Please note that Apple replaced Inter-App Audio via adding Audio Unit support many years ago, which can be seen as their successor of IAA. If you encounter issues using IAA with Cubasis, we recommend the following steps:

• Close all running apps, including Cubasis
  • Fully shut down the iPad

In addition you may give it a try to first launch the stand alone versions of the apps, planned to be used in Cubasis via IAA afterwards.

Lastly we strongly suggest to get in touch with the app vendors, asking them for AU versions of their IAA plug-ins.

Best,
Lars

Hi @whitelight,

Another thing: Swiping with magic mouse doesnt work within the midi editor. there it scrolls wether up/down nor left/right. Is that also supposed to work?

No, editors cannot be scrolled via mouse or trackpad, only lists can be scrolled.

Best,
Lars

Hi @Christian_Bollmeyer,

Found another bug: in 3.5, it’s not possible to rename Audio tracks anymore , reproduced on two devices under Android 13 with both Gboard and Samsung keyboard.

Thanks for your message, planned to be fixed in Cubasis 3.5.1!

Best,
Lars

Hi @max16032,

The team hope to be able to improve the fader behaviour in a future update.

Best,
Lars

Cubasis does not recognize the headphone jack on my Samsung Tab 6 Lite. It also doesnt connect to the Bluetooth.

Cheers,
Michaelibrium

Hi @Michaelibrium,

Cubasis does not recognize the headphone jack on my Samsung Tab 6 Lite. It also doesnt connect to the Bluetooth.

Cubasis does not support to use Bluetooth phones. In regards to the headphone jack: Please check if relaunching Cubasis for Android resolves the problem.

Hope that helps!

Thanks
Lars

Are there clear minimum requirements for Cubasis 3.5 on Android? I recently switched from running Cubasis 2 on my iPad Pro to running 3.5 on a Samsung Tab A7 (for a few reasons). I occasionally get little audio hiccups or stutters. I am always in Airplane Mode, never have Bluetooth or WiFi enabled, and have no other apps running. I have it plugged in when using on stage. Also, I never have more than 3 audio tracks running on any song. I looked at FREEZING tracks, but that doubles the size of a PROJECT, and with nearly 300 songs, I’m already at around 48GB used, out of 64GB total, so freezing all the tracks won’t work for me.

Are there any other steps I can take? Does the A7 barely meet requirements? Also, are there minimum speed requirements for the MicroSD card, for when I eventually get to a point where I’m running out of internal storage and need to transfer everything to a large capacity SD card? Will Cubasis 3.5 run just as efficiently from the MicroSD?

Thanks, folks!

Hi when can we expect magnetic snapping between clips. Its difficult to work on post cast because precise snapping to adjacent clips don’t work and its try and miss

Hi @Rajiv_Mudgal,

Please let us have further details about your request.

Thanks
Lars

Hi
I am attaching the screenshot video.
I purchased Cubasis thinking it can work as a Audiobook and Podcasting solution, This year I invested in Cubase 12 Pro. The snaping works in Cubase Pro but not in Cubasis as shown in the above video.
But I have issues with Cubase too as it marketed as an all in one DAW, I like the interface but sadly too lacks the tools that can speedup Audiobook and Podcast Production such as.

For audio book it has to have an analysis tool that automatically confirms the final output to set audiobook standards such as audible (RMS min -23, max -18, peak under -3 and noise floor -60)

For radio docu it should have the ability to apply effects on clip basis such as eq, comp, room ambiance match with reverb including speed and pitch changes so that dialogue can be treated clip by clip bases not track by track bases. This would make it almost perfect for modern radio and Documentary production needs.

I hope the developer is listening.

Hi @Rajiv_Mudgal,

1. Does it help to manually move the audio files, while having “Snap Grid” set to “OFF”?
  2. Cubasis fully support Audio Unit. Would a plug-in such as FabFilter’s L2 or similar helps, in making sure the output matches to the given requirements?

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Hi I am using FabFilter’s L2 and in a pinch it works but audible are very finicky when it comes to -23 min and -18 RMS max which takes a lot of re renders esp when you are dealing with 14 hours audiobook.

-about snapping and clip based effect, as Radio Drama, Audiobook or Documentary are all long form edit often requiring lots of intra clip edits, dialogue matching, volume automation etc. which if moved to tracks can take hundreds of tracks while clip based effects can manage everything in one track itself.

The other option is render in place feature by temp moving the clip to a separate track, but it’s a little tedious. I don’t know how difficult it is to implement the two things such as Snapping and clip based edit as Wavelab already has clip based effects.
Cubasis overall is a fantastic tool for iPad and for music its almost god sent and I have purchased all the extras, in fact everything, though it still shoves ver 2 as registered but for radio drama, audiobook and podcasting its limited and slow.

I like the way podcasting is being implemented in wavelab, though its not perfect, crashes now and then but it saves a lot of time and implementing audiobook and radio drama features might not be far as Soundforge since ver 14 already has fantastic audiobook analysis tool and it creates audible ready exports on the fly.