Cubasis 3 and again no crossfades…. Really?!

So i did not use my Ipad for music production in a long time. Just went back to it for a mobile job. Found out there is a new version of Cubasis (I was still on version 2) and got really excited. Checking the new features my excitement turned into frustration. Why in the world is Steinberg not capable or willing to implement a simple crossfade function??!! It’s ridiculous really.
Every audio editors most important tool is simply missing. Since day one. People have been complaining about this for years (including myself in a similar rant). It renders the app useless for any serious audio editing. Why does a company sabotage its otherwise perfectly fine product by ignoring this glaring issue. Manual fades are possible, so why in the world cant they add a crossfade? Are they just a bunch of IT guys with zero real world experience in pro audio? I dont get it :frowning:

3 Likes

Just seen Cubasis 3.6 is coming on December 18th and there is STILL no mention of crossfades!!!
This has been repeatedly requested but so many people on various forums for such a basic important feature since v1 yet Steinberg continues to ignore its customers and add more gimmicky bloatware!!
I thought Cubasis was meant to be a Digital AUDIO Workstation!? Crossfades are such an important and basic feature for pro audio and Auria has had this for years!

Yup, they deliberately show the customer their middle finger. We have asked for this basic function for years now. All they deliver is random new features that no one cares for - while the core audio editing stays broken. A complete joke of a product. Their arrogance is unparalleled. Or maybe its incompetence - i dont really care at this point. Obviously no one at steinberg has a clue about professional audio anymore. Im done with this company (after 20+ years). Moving to Logic. Germany is going downhill and most german companies along with it. What was once a nation of great engineers with amazing attention to detail, basically slipped into complete mediocrity and laziness. Its sad (im german) but true.

3 Likes