Cubasis 3 and Digikeys iOS

Cubase and Digikeys

I’m having a blast but struggling at using tge two together. Digikeys when used alone I’m able to control my hardware synth.

But when I load it up inside cubase I can fugure out why no midi data is being sent?

Hi biron_darcy,
I am assuming you are on iOS.
Go to the App Store and download the free app Midi Wrench, it is known as “the Swiss Army knife for MIDI. This normally fixes connection issues by forming an internal link between devices, just launch the app and start using your Digikeys and note what data is being received by viewing it’s monitor, if you find your keyboard now works, just leave it running in the background every time you use Digikeys.
Hope this helps :+1:
Mike.
Ps, welcome to the Cubasis family :slightly_smiling_face:

Digikeys works as should standalone. It sends midi to external gear. Can I run this app while trying Digikeys in Cubasis thats where my issue it.

Yes, you can leave Midi Wrench running in the background, you just have to remember to launch it first, I’m happy to say that MW enables me to use my Novation Impulse 61 with Cubasis, without it this keyboard is useless, it also does not use any system resources.
Enjoy your playing.
Mike

Perfect. I’m more intersed in cubasis controlling external gear or just act as master clock… hope it can be master lol

As long as you assign each midi tracks routing by tapping on NO MIDI OUT and select a device that is listed in the drop down box (if you have a midi interface or usb device connected).
Hope this helps :+1::slightly_smiling_face:
Mike.

Midi interface. Curious why I have to set the midi tracks to no midi out. What if I wanted cubased to send midi notes to external gear? (I’m able to that… still working on digikeys)

So its either master clock or midi control? That’s odd it can’t do that and run as master.

This totally defeats my purpose :frowning: I was hoping to hit play on cubasis to run a sequencer and use digikeys or cubasis piano roll to play extetnal synth… Infact if I can’t do that cubasis is certainly far behind every DAW:(

Not upset lol just shocked. Sorry if message comes across wrong. :slight_smile:

Hi biron_darcy,
I never suggested that you select NO MIDI OUT, I actually wrote:

** As long as you assign each midi tracks routing by tapping on NO MIDI OUT and select a device that is listed in the drop down box (if you have a midi interface or usb device connected).**

My meaning to this is - tap ROUTING, tap NO MIDI OUT and from the drop down menu select your midi out destination otherwise Cubasis will play whatever internal instrument is selected for that track, each track is therefore able to control and play many external devices by selecting them in the ROUTING drop down menu.
You also wrote:

** But when I load it up inside cubase I can fugure out why no midi data is being sent?**

This is where Midi Wrench comes in handy to monitor everything that is going on when using Cubasis :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, as long as you have SEND MIDI CLOCK enabled in SETTINGS, Cubasis will be the master.

I have only used Cubasis transport controls to operate external equipment by using Ableton Link over WiFi, I will try using a usb connection and see if I can start and stop Cubase on my PC this way, now I’m intrigued :thinking:
Have a great Sunday :sun_with_face:
Mike.

I got it to work I fill so silly, perhaps it was me not explaining exactly what I did, but you probably would have solved this issue if I had. Anyway, dro
umbo and digikey works. What I did make a midi track, clicked on the small piano, then I found all my auv apps :slight_smile:

But I ran into another issue now (I know I’m full off issues). I open drumbo and koala the way described, but I can’t sample externally into them… lol I’m a pain I know.

Hi biron_darcy,
I am not familiar with these two apps so unfortunately I cannot offer any help, all I can suggest is you check the ROUTING midi in and midi out and whether these apps should be used as audio fx instead of instruments.
Mike