Cubasis 3 Automation

Hi All,
Whether expanding a project or just moving audio or midi parts that contain any kind of automation to a different location, the automated events do not move with them, instead I have to manually move all events to their new correct positions.
Secondly, in Automation there is a guide bar on the right side of the display, it moves with the changing automation. Can this bar be used to manually move selected events up and down, instead of just tapping and dragging an event?
And last of all, when entering automation events using my finger, when moving these events I find that around 3 or 4 “+” have been placed on top of each other at the same time, so it’s a case of moving one or more events and then delete those that remain. I was experiencing this problem when I used my Apple Pencil on both iPad Air 4 and iPad 8.
Any help with these issues would be very much appreciated.
From a very happy Cubasis user.

Hi @fixitmania53,

Thanks for your message, glad to hear you’re happy with Cubasis!

Whether expanding a project or just moving audio or midi parts that contain any kind of automation to a different location, the automated events do not move with them, instead I have to manually move all events to their new correct positions.

Did you check out the available “Move with events” option, located under the “Automation” Tracklist tab?

Alongside, here are some links to a few tutorials about the Automation feature in Cubasis, which are hopefully helpful for you:

How To Use Automation In Cubasis 3 | Mobile Music Pro

CUBASIS 2 AUv3 Automation EXPLAINED │ haQ attaQ 291

How to Use Automation and MIDI CC’s in Cubasis | Getting Started with Cubasis

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi Lars,
Thank you for your great help. I can’t believe I missed that “Move with Events” ON switch after all this time, to be honest I never really noticed it was there until you pointed it out,
Also those three tutorial videos you suggested have helped, I now know how to use the control bar on the right side of the automation window using Write & Read, it just shows we never stop learning.
From an even happier Cubasis3 user.
Stay safe.

Hi @fixitmania53,

Thanks for your kind feedback!

Thank you for your great help. I can’t believe I missed that “Move with Events” ON switch after all this time, to be honest I never really noticed it was there until you pointed it out,
Also those three tutorial videos you suggested have helped, I now know how to use the control bar on the right side of the automation window using Write & Read, it just shows we never stop learning. From an even happier Cubasis3 user.

Glad to read you’re up and running and become an even happier Cubasis 3 user!

Stay safe
& best wishes,
Lars