(SOLVED) Cubasis 3 continuously crashing

I purchased Cubasis 3.2 one month ago. I am starting to using it just now but it crashes continuously on my iPad Pro 10.5 (2017) with iOS 14.1. I can use a lot of other music apps (Korg Module, GeoShred, Model D, AUM, etc.) with no issues. Not so with Cubasis when using other instruments or effects (AU or IAA doesn’t matter). Problems usually start with increasing delay (latency) and then the app crashes. I have tried connecting the iPad to different midi keyboards and audio interfaces but the result is always the same. I cannot use the app so please help me otherwise I will need a refund.

Apologies, I just noted the “how to report a Cubasis 3 problem thread” so:

1. Summary/Title
Cubasis 3 continuously crashing when using AU or IAA modules (i.e. Korg Module, Model D, etc.)

2. Description
Cubasis starts responding slower and slower to external Midi (as if latency was constatnly increasing) and then crashes. Sometimes it crashes abruptly with no slowing down.

3. Expected Results
I expect it to work!

4. Actual Results
It crashes

5. Environment
Cubasis 3.2, Ipad 10.5 (2017) iOS 14.1

Hi gaetano.mazzanti,

Welcome to the forum & thanks for your report.
We are sorry to read that you have issues using Cubasis.

Please check the following steps:

• Load an empty project
  • Close all running apps, including Cubasis
  • Shut down the iPad

Are you able to encounter the problems with Cubasis after having restarting the iPad?

Thanks
& stay well,
Lars

This problem also occurs often on my Ipad pro 2018 with Cubasis 3.3.3. I followed the steps described in the post of Jan 11, but the problem stil occurs.

Hi @Hugo01,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the Cubasis forum.

Please let me have more details about your problem.
Which steps lead Cubasis to crash?

Best wishes,
Lars

When I’m working on a project with a few, for example 4 audiotracks, the crashes occur after different actions. A few examples: 1. switching from one to another project, 2. pushing on de recordbutton to stop recording a track, 3. deleting a part of a track, 4. Selecting Media / Mixdown
During my recording sessions I only use default settings except for the audio input gain: I always use 70%. By the way, as consequense of the crashes the setting of the input gain always fals back to de default of 50%, that’s a bit annoying. A worse consequence of the crashes though is often loss of the last part of the track I was recording.
Most of the time I am working during 2 or 3 hours, and on average one, two or three times during that time the app crashes. I use an Ipad pro 4th generation (2020 instead of 2018; sorry that I gave the wrong version in my first post) and at this moment I use IOS 15.0.2.

I hope this information is usefull to find the cause of this problem, and it wil be solved soon. Thank you for your effort.

Hi @Hugo01 ,

Thanks for your additional message.
Hopefully you’ve had relaxing Christmas days!

Are you able to nail down the exact steps which lead to crashing Cubasis to the home screen? This would be very helpful for the team to evaluate the problem, and hopefully fix the issue!

Thanks again!

Best wishes
& stay safe,
Lars

1 Like

Hello,
Same issues here. I’m using thus app on an Ipad Pro 2021 and no matter what I do cubasis crashes or even frez.
once it crashes if I assign a side chain, another time if I create or deleted a new track or switch to the mixer or to anything else.
And it frezes when I trying to assign a inter App Audio App i.g. animoog Z synth on two seperate lanes.
This behavior make this App unusable sadly and I can’t describe the exact behavior to reproduce the crashes because it crashes always on another points of usage. Just use cubasis on the Ipad and it will crashes after a while.
I really hope you are be able to fix those issues as soon as possible because I cant use cubasis with those issues for now.
Thanks in advance and best regards
Peter

My setup:
Ipad Pro 2021
IpadOs: 15.1
Cubasis ver. 3.3.3

Hi @Peter.w,

Thanks for your message, and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum!!

Please give the following steps a try:

(1) Set “Audio Engine Latency” to “OFF”
(2) Load the “New Project” project template
(3) Close all running apps, including Cubasis
(4) Fully shut down the iPad

Does Cubasis works as expected after relaunching the iPad and the app?

Best wishes
& stay well,
Lars

1 Like

Hi Lars,
thanks for your fast response.
I tested the steps that you’re mentioned and with a new project
I haven’t indeed any crashes or freezes so far.
I’ll make some more tests but so far it looks good, thank you.
Best regards
Peter

2 Likes

Thank you again very much for the amazing CUBASIS. I bought all options but looking forward to buy more goodies for it :slight_smile:

C 3.3.3. Had to reinstall to make it work again. I lost all my projects, a simple guide to backup the project files and reusing or import them would be helpful. I am avoiding using Share to import MIDI files because I think it is more likely to cause lockup problems if used with default file manager app…

C 3.3.4 was stuck showing the splash screen with circle animation no matter how many times I attempted to restarted the app. This happened after a note was stuck on Ooh Choirs. However restarting the LG V60 phone with Android 11 fixed the problem ( DSP: 10 to 18 ). But Ooh note still gets stuck during playback. If I try the Aah Choirs, than everything is as expected.

Hi @yuksvol,

Thank you very much for your feedback and a warm welcome in the Cubasis forum!

Thank you again very much for the amazing CUBASIS. I bought all options but looking forward to buy more goodies for it :slight_smile:

We are glad to read that you seem to enjoy using Cubasis so far.

Please note that we’ve released a dedicated Cubasis for Android article in time with the initial release of the app:

We would be glad to have your feedback about the article!

Enjoy making music,
stay safe
& have a wonderful 2022!
Lars

Hi @Peter.w,

Thank you for your reply!

Hi Lars,
thanks for your fast response.
I tested the steps that you’re mentioned and with a new project
I haven’t indeed any crashes or freezes so far.
I’ll make some more tests but so far it looks good, thank you.
Best regards
Peter

I’m glad to read that following the steps above seemed to have resolved your crashing problems!

Stay safe and sound
& have a great 2022,
Lars

Hi Lars, sorry for my late reaction. The crashes of Cubasis seem to occur in totaly random situations, after many different sequences of steps I take, and immediately after different actions. The only stable factor is that a crash always occurs directly after invoking a function in the app by touching the screen. The app never crashes ‘spontaneously’, in other words, never crashes when I don’t invoke some function in the app by touching the screen. I would like to, but for this reason, am not able to reproduce a crash on purpuse, and give you the steps.

Today I followed the instrucions you posted on 29 dec 3:51PM as an answer to Peter, unfortunately this did not help in solving the problem. After having completed the steps you suggested I immediately tested the app by just opening some projects and was very soon confronted with a crash again. These are the steps I followed in this case just before the crash occured: open an exsisting project, push the play button, stop playing, choose another project, and immediately after that action the app crashed. But as I have said, it’s not possible to have the app crashing again by simply repeating this steps. Crashes occur at totally unpredictable moments.

Hi @Hugo01,

Unfortunately reproducible scenarios are required, to allow our engineers further evaluating the problem.

Would you be able to share the crash reports with us (e.g. via uploading them to Dropbox or simiar, and share the download link via private message)?

Thanks
Lars

Hi Lars, How can I send you a private message? I have a crashreport for you. I just tried to reply via the mail, but that didn’t work. I also see that I have reached the maximum number of messages I can add to this thread…

Update 9/1 11:00am: if everthing went alright you should have received a private message with the crashreport a few minutes ago.

Hi @Hugo01,

Thanks for forwarding the crash report via private message.
I’ve shared the report with our team.

Thanks again
& stay safe,
Lars

Hi @Hugo01,

Thanks again for providing us with the crash report.
The team has analysed the report, which is a random crash unfortunately.

The next Cubasis update includes many fixes to several issues. We would be very glad to have your updated feedback about Cubasis, once the version has been released and you have been able to give it a try.

Best wishes,
Lars

This problem was being caused by a defect in the Ipad i used more then a year ago. Since I received a new Ipad from apple also a year ago now, the problem with Cubasis doesn’t occur anymore.

Thanks for the update @Hugo01!
Glad to read the issue is resolved.

Best,
Lars