Cubasis 3 for iPhone and iPad available

Dear all,

After more than 30 free Cubasis updates, I’m very pleased to announce the immediate availability of Cubasis 3!

Needless to say I’m very proud of the great little Cubasis team, who worked 24/7 for quite some time, fully rewriting Cubasis 3 from scratch, rethinking the app to make it look and perform perfectly on the brand-new iPhone version and so much more.

Download Cubasis 3 on the App Store

Cubasis 3 is by far the biggest Cubasis version we’ve ever released, adding iPhone support and more than twenty user-requested features and improvements.

If you’re satisfied with Cubasis 3 please support us by rating the app in the App Store!

Thank you,
Lars

Cubasis 3 can be purchased as download through the App Store and is not available for free to existing customers of previous versions of Cubasis, priced at 49.99$/54.99€.

Cubasis 2 and its corresponding in-app purchases remain available in the App Store. The price for Cubasis 2 will be reduced to 23.99$/26.99€.

In addition, the price for the Full Feature Set In-App Purchase, included in Cubasis LE 2 will also be reduced to 14.99$/16.99€.

1 Like

Cubasis 3 - Overview

Cubasis 3 - New in 3

NEW IN CUBASIS 3

• Universal app support
Create your songs with Cubasis on iPhone and iPad.

• Cubasis 3 for iPhone
A fully equipped DAW, quick and easy to navigate, on your iPhone.

• Group tracks
Process, edit and mix tracks as though they were a single track.

• Full-screen mixer, zoom modes and level metering
Easily extend the mixer up to full-screen size and more.

• New look, same feel
Creating mobile music is easier, faster, more efficient and enjoyable.

• Free Cubasis 2 in-app purchase transfer
Freely transfer previous in-app purchases from Cubasis 2 to Cubasis 3.

• 960 pulses per quarter note
Enjoy MIDI editing with the finest level of detail and precision.

• Up to eight rearrangeable insert and send effects
Use up to eight rearrangeable effects and change pre/post fader positions.

• 75 new effect presets
Make new tracks sound great, with an inspiring selection of ready-to-use presets.

• Undo reinvented with History List
Comfortably jump back and forth between earlier versions of your project.

• Redesigned instruments and effects
Enjoy improved user interfaces for more precise operation.

• Updated audio, MIDI and automation editors
File editing is quicker and more efficient.

• Improved MediaBay
Create folders, move files, share your music and more with ease.

• UI scale presets for iPhone and iPad
Quickly change the size and arrangement of the Cubasis user interface.

• Overdub and Looper recording modes
Choose the perfect mode for your recording task.

• MicroSonic instruments refill
Get creative with this great library of expressive instruments.

• Vertical event coloring
Easily keep track of the individual parts of your arrangement.

• AU MIDI effects automation
The controls and switches of your AU MIDI plug-ins can move automatically.

• Micrologue ARP (IAP) automation
Get more creative with the Micrologue ARP, now supporting automation.

• Don’t stop the music
Enjoy continuing playback while performing undo, redo and more

• Improvements
Enjoy the best performance, speedy operation and rock-solid stability.

Further Improvements & Maintenance

• Arranger: Enjoy viewing more details thanks to the increased maximum zoom level.
• Precount mode (number of bars, 1-4) can now be set directly in the tempo pop-up.
• Long-tap on snap button allows quickly switching between OFF and previous setting.
• New global system info panel located in inspector shows CPU and DSP usage.
• Audio Unit MIDI effects section has been extended to eight slots.
• Effects can now be directly selected in the effect rack.
• Instrument and effect racks can be resized via dragging their title bars vertically.
• The effect rack opens on top of the keyboard, allowing to adjust effects while playing and more.
• It’s possible to minimize the instrument rack’s title bar to quickly switch presets.
• Chord’s inversions (root, 1, 2, 3) can now be configured in the chord pad edit mode.
• Keyboard range has been extended from C-2 to G8.
• The MIDI editor comes with its own quantization setting, independent from the arranger.
• It is now possible to mute individual notes within a MIDI event.
• Micrologue: The “My Presets” folder contains save, rename, share and delete buttons for enhanced convenience.
• MediaBay: “New Project” button allows creating a new project more quickly via simple button tap.
• MediaBay: Newly added “AutoPlay” button enables faster audio previews.
• In-app purchases automatically sync across all iOS devices where you are logged in.

Will there be an upgrade price?

Ich habe alle In App- Käufe für Cubasis 2. Muss ich die für Cubasis 3 erneut kaufen? :confused:

Danke!

Quick question - how many FX slots are there in the master channel?

I know tracks and groups are 8 but curious if its 8 on the master as well?

Thanks,

Chris

seconded :smiley:

No upgrade price possible in apples app store.

Yes there is, VirSyn did it with VoxSyn Pro and Klevgrand did it with Haaze 2. Steinberg would make a bundle that includes Cubasis 2 and Cubasis 3 that costs $50. If you already have Cubasis 2 in your account, the “Complete Your Bundle” price would be the lower upgrade price. I will be holding off on the upgrade to see if this happens. Buying the whole app again does not seem fair.

1 Like

Hi all,

Thank you for your messages.

Cubasis 3 can be purchased as download through the App Store and is not available for free to existing customers of previous versions of Cubasis, priced at 49.99$/54.99€.

Cubasis 2 and its corresponding in-app purchases remain available in the App Store. The price for Cubasis 2 will be reduced to 23.99$/26.99€.

In addition, the price for the Full Feature Set In-App Purchase, included in Cubasis LE 2 will also be reduced to 14.99$/16.99€.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars

Hi Chris,

Cubasis offers up to 8 insert effects per tracks, 8 send effects and 8 master effects.
Effects can be freely rearragend, plus pre/post fader positions are customisable for the insert and master effects.

Best,
Lars

Does Cubasis finally let you export automation in to Cubase? Thanks!

So, what about the performance compared to verson 2? My ipad is getting old now, so if I would buy the new cubasis but it underperfom compared to version 2, will I be able to install the older cubasis again?

Burning Question :exploding_head:
-I’ve got Cubasis-2…and İn-app-Purchases…so, what if I have sold my İpad…only İphoneX …how can I transfer IAPs to Cubase3 ??? (Also it’s not fair not to give any discount coupon to existing loyal customers of Cubasis-2…)

Hi MartyBiohazard,

Thanks for your message.

The IAP Transfer requires an iPad with Cubasis 2.8.2 and 3.0 installed.
These are the steps:

• Make sure Cubasis 2.8.2 is installed
  • Launch Cubasis 3.0 and open the in-app shop
  • Follow the instructions on the IAP Transfer screen

Best,
Lars

Haven’t got 3 yet, but looks great. I’m especially liking the effects window visible with the keyboard, very good addition. Also, chord inversions! Very nice. :sunglasses:

Keep up the good work! Cubasis has had such a nice steady flow of goodness with the updates, I hope it continues. :mrgreen:

Considering I mistakenly bought version 2 yesterday and had today new version is released and no upgrade given. What a rip off! Especially since version 2 appears to be defective.

Hi All,

By upgrading from 2.8LE (full feature set version) to 3 will the IAPs be transferred?

Thanks in advance!