Cubasis 3 for iPhone and iPad available

Really 24/7…expect a lot of bugs then. People can’t work 24/7 and get good results. Or maybe just marketing hyperbole?

Silky smooth scrolling, especially on the octave selector for the keyboard. :sunglasses:

The jumpiness of that in 2 always bugged me. :angry: :smiley:

Hi Hownot,

If you bought Cubasis 2 by accident, please get in touch with Apple and ask for a refund.

Best,
Lars

No, telling people there is now a lower price for what they already have is no help when they are being asked to buy the whole thing again to get the current version. Having supported the existence of the new version by purchasing the old ones at the old prices, it is actually pretty galling to hear you are lowering the price for our now-outdated software for new buyers while asking existing customers to pay full price again.

Thanks, however, for clarifying Steinberg’s attitude toward its customers.

This kind of marketing would make me feel being duped if I buy this. So I’m out.
Good look with catching some dorks…

:bulb: Steinberg needs to re-evaluate what they’re doing to existing Cubasis customers…and get off the money train!

Any info about the IAP transferability from 2.8LE to cubasis 3? I have purchased all the plugins and of course I don’t want to buy the plugins again if I upgrade to 3.
Lars?

We are musicians…not traders.but…expecting a sensible new years eve discount/offer from Great Steinberg.:+1:t2:

Hi GLacey,

Thank you for your message.

Cubasis LE 3.0 is planned to be released at the end of March 2020.

It is planned to offer a similar IAP Transfer scheme for the regular LE in-app purchases.
In addition, we also plan to come up with a new Cubasis 3 Full Feature Set IAP for Cubasis LE 3.

More information to come in early 2020.

Best wishes,
Lars

Glad to read this, thank you!

Best,
Lars

Hi doghead,

Cubasis has seen 30+ free updates for existing customers from 2012 to 2019.
Cubasis 3 is no update, but instead has been fully rewritten from scratch, adding a new iPhone version, next to 20 new features.
With Cubasis 3 you’re able to transfer previous Cubasis 2 in-app purchases for free.

Best,
Lars

Hi musicbeat,

As written before, Cubasis has seen more than thirty updates, adding lots of new features. All of them were free for existing customers from 2012 to 2019. Cubasis 3 is no update but a new app, developed from scratch, adding a new iPhone version as well as 20+ user-requested features.
Previous Cubasis 2 in-app purchases can be freely transferred to Cubasis 3.

Best,
Lars

Thanks Lars! However I want to move from LE to the normal one.
If I get it right If I buy cubasis 3 now I will not be able to use/transfer the IAP plugins I bought for the LE ? Am I stuck in the LE forever? Should I buy the IAPs again, what I obiously don’t want? Please help clarify.
Thanks

Hi GLacey,

Unfortunately it is technically not possible to move/upgrade between apps.

Cubasis LE 3 is planned to be released at the end of March 2020.

We plan to add a similar IAP Transfer option to Cubasis LE 3, to allow transferring Cubasis LE 2 in-app purchases to Cubasis LE 3.
This option is not planned for the Cubasis LE 2 Full Feature Set in-app purchase.

We also plan to add a new Cubasis LE 3 Full Feature Set IAP, that allows to update Cubasis LE 3 with all features of Cubasis 3.
Here, the app name and app icon remains to be Cubasis LE 3, as it is the case with Cubasis LE 2.

Hope you can wait a moment, until Cubasis LE 3 is ready to be released.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars

I understand that upgrading to v 3 for free is nonsense. But most developers offer an upgrade discount compared to the price for new users. Technically, this is not a problem in the appstore. That’s how I bought the Audiobus 3 with discount when I bought the Audiobus 2 before.
For example: Steinberg would have to create a Cubasis 2 + Cubasis 3 bundle in the appstore for $60. If the Cubasis 2 pric is $24 now, buying a bundle (its completion if user have Cubasis 2) will cost a 60-24 = $36 and this is an Cubasis 3 upgrade price for the owner of Cubasis 2. Customer will get a 50-36 = $14 discount on Cubasis 3 if it owns Cubasis 2.This solution would be serious from Steinberg and not want to pay the full price a second time.

Oh great, just bought Cubasis 2 for £50 two weeks ago and now it’s being killed off and heavily discounted, with not even a sniff of an upgrade discount. I can’t even open the app now because it makes me feel ill to look at. Took me ages to decide to spend that amount on an iPad app in the first place! Really unhappy with this!

Hi :slight_smile:

1. How about performance? Work well on iPad Air 2?
  2. Supports Sidechain Compression?
  3. Can assign Automation to Midi Track?
    It would be nice to see the automation visualization in Midi Track.

Regards

Thank you Lars and the Cubasis team for all the hard work you’ve put in making Cubasis 2 the best DAW on iOS, and now creating a new improved version of it from scratch. I realize there will be bugs like any new release, but I am overjoyed to buy CB3 because I know the great track record for bug fixing and updates. I also realize this is not an upgrade but a different product and do not have any expectation of deals or free upgrades because it is a new app for sale, and I can choose to buy it or not of my own accord. Please consider my purchase to be a way of showing my appreciation for years of quality product and upgrades, as well as appreciation for addressing our various requests for a universal app as well as the other improvements. I look forward to all of the awesomeness Cubasis 3 will deliver into 2020 and beyond. Thanks again!

Thank you for your message, Noisehorse!
Greatly appreciated.

Best,
Lars

1 Like

Any plans to support more than 24 audio input channels?

With all due respect, this is a broken record, corporate spokesperson type of response. And it’s not a fair sentiment. You say “free” like it’s some kind of gift. Updates are bug fixes and development and, if anything, the user should be compensated for their assistance. And with any good company they do give incentives or tokens of gratitude to their customers. Has any new version of Cubase ever been released without an upgrade fee?