Cubasis 3 Fx Pack 1 Tape Delay bug

Hi
I’m running Cubasis 3.3.3 on Ipad Air 2 iOS 15.1
There seems to be a problem in Fx Pack 1 Tape Delay. Specifically the Feedback control. The effect starts fine but any movement of the feedback control immediately sets the feedback to zero and there it stays… regardless of the knob position. Just paid for the effect pack so it would be nice if it worked properly!!!
Cheers
Paul

Anyone at Steinberg want to take notice of this??
Thanks
Paul

Hi @smithoid,

Thanks for your message and sorry for my late reply.

I gave the topic a short test on the latest iPad mini, where things seem to work as expected. Please see here (link expires Dec 27, 2021).

Please let me have more details how to reproduce the problem.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi Lars
I’ve done some more experimenting and for me the issue seems to occur as the feedback begins to run away. There is an audible click then the feedback resets to zero and stays there. Turning off the effect then switching it on again seems to reset things. If I don’t let the feedback build on itself (max around 85% of the feedback control) then things are OK. I’m confused by your vid as you are at 100% feedback briefly! Perhaps give the feedback more time to build and see if you also get this “shutdown”? Is it perhaps a software “safety” feature to stop runaway feedback?
Cheers!!
Paul

Hi @smithoid,

Would you be able to provide us with a short clip that shows the problem?

Thanks
Lars

Hi
Yes will do, just need to work out how to screen-record on the ipad!
Cheers
Paul

Hi @smithoid,

These are the steps…

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars
This should be it:

I increase the feedback to 80% ish and its fine, reduce it, bring it up again. All good as it should be.
Then I go to 100% and the repeats build and suddenly there is a “click” and the repeat level goes back to zero despite the knob being at 100%. Moving the feedback knob then makes no difference.
Hope you can duplicate this
Cheers!
Paul

Hi @smithoid,

Thanks for sharing the iCloud clip.

Unfortunately I’m still unable to reproduce the problem, but shared the topic with our engineers. Let’s see what they will find out…

Best,
Lars

Hi @smithoid,

Our engineers confirmed that the issue will be resolved in the upcoming Cubasis update.

Best,
Lars

Fantastic, thank you!!

1 Like