Cubasis 3 Help - Bad sounding recordings

Hi everyone,
First I must say that I’m a huge fan of Cubase on my PC and have used it for 15+ years. Always works great for me and sounds amazing. As far as Cubasis 3 goes… I’m very disappointed.

I’m having recording issues using Cubasis 3. Everything I record in cubasis sounds terrible, sounds kinda distorted and has no depth. It took nearly 11 months and countless hours of troubleshooting to narrow the problem down to cubasis 3 and I’m sure cubasis 3 is the problem, here’s why I think this.

I’m using an iPad Pro 13, and I’ve tried many different audio interfaces trying to fix this issue. I usually run Overload TH-U as my guitar amp sim (Sounds amazing through my headphones while in stand alone) or I use my Line 6 Stomp directly USB into the iPad, and my guitar sounds amazing using this method through my headphones. If I do a screen record, it records my screen as well as the audio… And the recording sounds great again, with a lot of depth and great clarity. As soon as I run my audio to cubasis 3 it sounds horrible again.
I’ve tried using Audiobus 3 and it sounds amazing until I launch cubasis 3.
If I record tracks into TH-U looper, those recordings sound great.
I believe the problem is cubasis 3.

I’ve been all through the settings and tried what I believe to be everything… Nothing fixes this issue. Tried sample rates… I’ve tried everything and every setting I could think of. Even factory reset my iPad and reinstalled everything back on my iPad. Nothing works.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong, maybe I missed a setting or something. I’m not sure. I just want to have Cubasis 3 on my iPad. Please help me. Thanks.

Hi @XunforgivenX,

Thanks for your message.

Please keep your reports down to one entry per topic to make life easier for us - thanks in advance!

Please have a look at the “Adding Audio Tracks” chapter of our “Getting started with Cubasis” tutorial, to learn how to create decent audio recordings with Cubasis:

Please let me know if this helps to resolve your problem.

Best wishes,
Lars

Thanks for your response.

I watched the whole video and it kinda seems like a noob tutorial and it doesn’t help me. My understanding of how to navigate and create audio tracks is beyond what this vid shows. That being said, I’m not claiming to be a studio engineer or an expert either so maybe I am doing something wrong…

The only problem I’m having is bad sounding audio in cubasis. Other then the audio quality and an occasional crash, Everything in cubasis seems to work correctly and is functioning as it’s supposed to.

I think maybe the best way to explain the problem is by examples. I’ll try to make a video that demonstrates the sound quality downgrade. I’ll also try to show you all the settings I’m using. Maybe that will help.
I’ll work on this demonstration video tonight.
Thanks

Hi @XunforgivenX,

Thanks for your message.

I think maybe the best way to explain the problem is by examples. I’ll try to make a video that demonstrates the sound quality downgrade. I’ll also try to show you all the settings I’m using. Maybe that will help.
I’ll work on this demonstration video tonight.

This sounds perfect and will help to understand your issue better!

When filming, please make sure to include the “Setup/Project” and “Setup/Audio” pages to the clip, so we can take a look at the chosen settings too.

Best,
Lars