Cubasis 3 : Long load times and unresponsive buttons

Been using Cubasis 3 on my iPad 8th gen OS 15.2 - 128 Gb and been notice a couple things that I’d like to see if anyone else has run into.

First, It’s been slow to boot up lately. Probably around 15 seconds, but seems longer. There’s plenty of space of the HD and CPU is no problem.
I gave Cubasis 3 a complete reinstall a few weeks ago which seemed to help speed things up and deleted the history, too. I don’t have that many tracks going at a time on any given song (about 7), not that many fx, into a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.

The other thing I’ve run into are buttons that are slow to respond, won’t work or seem to have frozen up, like the record button light that doesn’t come on or a stop button that won’t stop the recording. At this point I usually just close Cubasis 3 and start fresh.

Any ideas out there? Thx - Joe

Hi @surfdude2000,

Thanks for your message.

Please check the following steps:
(1) Set “Audio Engine Latency” to “OFF”
(2) Load the “New Project” template
(3) Close all running apps, including Cubasis
(4) Fully shut down the iPad

Does Cubasis performs as expected after having relaunched the iPad and the app?
Hope that helps!

Best wishes
& stay safe,
Lars

Hi Joe,
You are not alone with your Cubasis3 problems, I have exactly the same annoying symptoms as you on my iPad Air 4. I have found the problem is mainly because some of my projects contain inter-app synths like Nave, SampleTank, iwavestation, iM1 etc.
When I’m not using IAA synths, Cubasis3 launches really fast. Occasionally I do accidentally tap the record button instead of play and then I can’t stop it, unless I close Cubasis3 down.
Can you remember if your problems started before or after Cubasis latest update? I believe my problems started from then, But…… there was also a iPadOS update around the same time, so, who can we blame :thinking: I have reported the issue in this forum and it has been checked, but as yet they have not found an answer! BTW I have saved each finished project file in the Files app, just in case I ever have to reinstall Cubasis3, I hope I never have to do that :scream:
If I find a solution I will let you know for sure.
Good luck. Mike