Cubasis 3 on iPad 2021

I use Cubase 12 Artist on a Macbook Pro M1 but I would like something mobile as well so I thought of Cubasis.
Is the baseline iPad (2021, 9th gen) enough to run Cubasis ? I believe the A13 processor is more than fast enough but this model iPad only has 3Gb of RAM ?

I don’t believe the 2022 iPad 10th gen is worth the extra cash over the 2021 one, so the next step up would be the iPad Air, but that would be almost double the cost.

Does anyone use a 2021 iPad with Cubasis ?

Hi c.roeyaert,
I was using iPad 8th generation for over a year and it worked with Cubasis3 perfectly in every way.
I gave this iPad to my wife and bought myself the iPad Air 4 which has a 10.9inch screen compared to the 10.2inch, it has a faster processor than the 8th gen but I’ve not noticed any difference between the two iPads.
So the answer is yes….go for it :wink:
Mike

1 Like

Hi @ChristofR,

There should be no issues, using Cubasis with the given device!

Best wishes,
Lars

1 Like

Ordered one, 350 euros, 64Gb with Wifi, a very good deal, so it seems…

64Gb will be enough since I’m planning to use it only for music. I’ll let you know how it goes :wink:

1 Like

Hi @ChristofR,

Sounds great!

Hope you will enjoy using Cubasis!

You may check out our “Getting started with Cubasis” tutorial, to dive into using Cubasis more quickly…

Stay safe
& have a great weekend,
Lars

1 Like

Yes, I know Dom’s channel, thanks!

1 Like

I have a 256Gb iPad in case I ran out of space, I have hundreds of projects in Cubasis3, many with wav files and the total is only 17.3Gb, so 64Gb will be more than sufficient :+1:

1 Like

Good to know, thanks !

When Cubasis is launched on iPad pro 2021 12.9, a stripe will appear before the launch. Perhaps you need to optimize this.