Cubasis 3 on iPad mini (5th Gen, iOS 14.2) not finding AUv3 FX

I recently bought the Klevgrand Korvpressor AUv3 effect plugin hoping to use it with Cubasis 3. This is the first external FX purchase I’ve made so when it didn’t show up in the Audio Units section I assumed I had missed a step.

After googling and trying to resolve the issue myself I purchased two more AUv3s (one FX unit and one instrument) that worked on iPad and iPhone. These AUv3s also did not show up in Cubasis 3 on iPad but did show up in Cubasis 3 on my iPhone.

In short I’m just trying to get these AUv3 FX to show up in Cubasis 3 on my iPad.

Hi iamgoodhue,

Thank you for your message.

Up front, do you try to load AU plug-ins as shown in these examples?

Using AU instruments

Using AU Effects

If the problem persists, please check if the following steps help to solve the problem:

(I) Does it help to launch the stand alone version of the 3rd party apps first, before trying to load/using them with Cubasis?

(II)
If the above doesn’t help, please try these steps:

• Load an empty project
  • Close all open apps, including Cubasis
  • Shut down the iPad

Once restarted, does the AU plug-ins appear in Cubasis?

Best,
Lars

This was helpful thank you. I had tried all of these steps except for loading an empty project before restarting the iPad and apparently that was the key. Everything is working great now. Thanks so much.

Hi iamgoodhue,

This was helpful thank you. I had tried all of these steps except for loading an empty project before restarting the iPad and apparently that was the key. Everything is working great now. Thanks so much.

Thank you for the update. We’re glad to read that the steps was helpful to solve the issue!

Best wishes
& stay well,
Lars