Cubasis 3 practically unusable on iPad

I’m new to using Cubasis 3 on iPad so please bear with me if this sounds redundant. I’m using an iPad Pro (12.9-inch) 3rd generation, iOS 14.3, Cubasis 3 v3.2, with a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 as an AI. I am finding it nearly impossible to edit using Cubasis 3 as every time I want to move a region the region moves in tiny increments or gets completely thrown to the other end of the timeline. Sometimes the app crashes completely. It took me almost an hour to get a small region to line up where I wanted it and even that was just dumb luck. During that time I was monitoring the cpu performance and it never went over 14%. I really enjoy the interface and was able to get a good mix in the end but am very close to going back to Garageband simply because editing is nearly impossible in Cubasis 3. I would like to know if this is a known issue and what I might be able to do to remedy the issue. Thanks.

Hi mike-rochford,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the Cubasis forum.

Today we’ve released Cubasis 3.2.1 which resolves the most frequent issues reported by our users, including the “move events” topic.

Please download and install the 3.2.1 update and let us know if it resolves your issue.

Thank you
& stay safe,
Lars

Thanks for the quick response Lars. The update does seem to remedy the issue with moving events, however the app tends to crash (close by itself) quite a bit more often than before. It is a great DAW and I hope Steinberg will be able to iron out most of the issues in time.

Hi mike-rochford,

Thanks for your message.

The update does seem to remedy the issue with moving events, however the app tends to crash (close by itself) quite a bit more often than before.

Please give the following steps a try:

(1) Load an empty project
(2) Close all running apps, including Cubasis
(3) Fully shut down the iPad

Are you able to reproduce the crash issues once restarting the iPad and Cubasis?
If so, please provide us with the exact steps, to allow us reproducing the problem.

Thanks
Lars

Hello Lars,

I have performed the steps you outlined but am still getting crashes. Seems that Cubasis does not close completely but I’m booted back to the home screen when a crash occurs. I also updated to iPad OS 14.4 hoping it would fix the issues but they persist. It happens mostly during playback when I perform actions such as move faders, scroll through the mixer channels, open Insert Effects or move the playback bar. I have taken two videos, before and after the steps you suggested. In the “before” video you will see several crashes, 1 crash in the “after video”. I’d be happy to share them with you if you like.

Regards,
Mike

Hi @Yamahasy85,

Apple resolved various AU issues in the recent iOS updates.
As shown in the clip, IK Mixbox works fine with Cubasis 2.8.4 on iOS 14.4.

I’m afraid you will have to stick with the problems, when deciding not to update to the lates iOS version. Of course, the decision is fully up to you.

Best wishes,
Lars

Thank you Lars,

it’s a shame when developers states their apps work with a specific ios version and higher, but obviously don’t…

or you have to update to a different ios version to make it work.

thanks again
Yam… :+1:t2:

Hi @Yamahsy85,

Don’t blame it at our friends at IK Multimedia here.
Apple recently added some AU related fixes.

Best wishes,
Lars