Cubasis 3 Sale statement

Dear all,

First of all, we very much hope all of you and yours are well at these times!

With the release of Cubasis 3 back in December 2019, we‘ve received many requests from existing Cubasis customers, who were and are asking for a dedicated Cubasis 3 update offer.

Cubasis 3 has been released as a separate app release to the previous Cubasis version, which itself received 30+ free feature and maintenance updates, for a decade of seven years from 2013 to 2019.

Cubasis 3 is a full rewritten application, which took the Cubasis team several years in making, adding a brand-new iPhone version, alongside 20+ user-requested feature additions.

Cubasis 3 also includes the custom option, which allows customers to transfer their existing Cubasis 2 in-app purchases to Cubasis 3 free of charge.

As of yet, Apple does not offer grace period or update options in their iOS App Store, compared to Steinberg’s offerings for their regular desktop product portfolio.

In this regard, we have received several user recommendations to release an “iOS App Bundle”.

“iOS App Bundles” allow to combine several apps to a single App Store product, where the actual app price already paid by a customer, is automatically deducted from the app bundle price.

As it is common practice for many iOS app vendors, Cubasis has been offered both at its regular price, and discounted for limited time periods.

Here, offering a Cubasis iOS App Bundle which grants a discount to customers, who have paid the regular Cubasis app price before, would turn out to be more expensive for customers having previously purchased Cubasis 2 at a discounted price, compared to purchasing the regular Cubasis 3 app.

Please note that the App Store is fully managed and maintained by Apple. All their services offered, are beyond our control and not in our hands.

As an industry leader, we strive to provide the best customer experience for those who purchase and use our products.

After careful evaluation, we come to the conclusion that offering an “iOS App Bundle” would only bring benefits for some customers, while causing significant disadvantages for others.

Ensuring a fair approach for all our customers, we’ve decided to offer Cubasis 3 at a discounted price during the Cubasis Sale which lasts from March 25 to April 8, 2020.

[### outdated ### For more details about the Cubasis Sale please have a look at our Cubasis Sale & Update Pre-Announcement.]

Best wishes
& stay healthy,
Lars

I switched to Bitwig after you screwed me over (spent £50 buying Cubasis 2 a week before you released Cubasis 3, without notice and refusing to upgrade to 3 (which fulfilled the exact same purpose as 2) unless I spent another £50, or just accept that I had spent a lot of money on an app that was going to be left to die - whoopie to the extra add-ons I also bought. This is how you lose customers and this is how you lost me. Bitwig have been fantastic in their customer services (even though I can’t use their software on my iPad) and because of that I’m more confident that they’re not going to try to mess me about like you did. I will never buy anything else from you again.

Hi Macjonald,

Thank you for your message.

We’ve explicitly released this article to clarify the situation.

While Steinberg offers many options such as a grace period, update offers etc. we are not able to do this on iOS.
The App Store is full handled by Apple, leaving us unable to change things.

Thanks again,
Lars