Cubasis 3 sampler

Dear Steinberg,

I would just like to know if it would be possible for you to add a tiny function to the sampler in the future update:

I don’t know how it’s called, but it’s a function to mute an open hi-hat when I press a close hi-hat.

That would be really great from you :slight_smile:

Kind regards

Scoop, from France

Hi @kylewbutler,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the Cubasis forum!

I would just like to know if it would be possible for you to add a tiny function to the sampler in the future update: I don’t know how it’s called, but it’s a function to mute an open hi-hat when I press a close hi-hat.

Please note that the “choke” feature is already available in the MiniSampler.
Here, the notes F#1, G#1 and A#1 are already part of a mute group, where playing one of these notes immediately stops the other.

Please give it a try yourself:
Simply place a closed hat sample to F#1, a pedal sample to G#1 and an open hat sample to A#1. Afterwards, things should work as desired and expected…

Please let me have a short note, if it does… :slight_smile:
Alongside, we will make sure to add this info in an upcoming help update.

Best
& stay well,
Lars

Thank you Lars :slight_smile: @LSlowak

After using it intensively for 2 months, I do have 3 « basic » requests for the minisampler :

-Adding the modwheel (acting like a simple sinewave like classic modwheels on synths). There’s maybe a trick to do this with Midi AU but I can’t find a solution atm

-A « mono » button, for leads.

-Folders creation (similar to the media bay), in order to organize our sampled instruments.

Do you think it’ll be possible for the next update to add those features ?

Later, I’d appreciate multilayers edition, but I assume it needs a lot of work and maybe a complete rebuild of this minisampler.

For the moment, I am conquered by Cubasis 3, I do not have the problems noted on certain forums, works great !!! :+1:

Hi @kylewbutler,

Thanks for your message.

Normally new features are getting announced, once new updates are released.
In this regard it seems unlikely that the next update will included sampler-related updates.

Nevertheless we try our best to make Cubasis better with every update!

Thanks
Lars