Cubasis automatically downsampling!

Hi there,

I’m having an issue with Cubasis automatically downsampling my projects saying my device doesn’t support 44.1k. or another app is blocking it.

I am using an iPad Pro and I have no problem with GarageBand or any other audio app. I’ve also closed every other app and the same result.

Does anyone have a fix for this? It’s making Cubasis unusable for me

Thanks

Hi @cwmbrancon,

Thanks for your message and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum!

Cubasis allows you to select sample rates that are supported by the hardware in use.

For example, the 2018 iPad Pro models (3rd gen) only support 48kHz with the internal speakers and mic, unless external hardware is connected, whereas other iPads support 44.1 and 48 kHz.

Hope that helps!

Stay safe,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Thanks for the reply :slightly_smiling_face:

That does make sense, but the issue is that Cubasis is automatically dropping the sample rate to a much lower level ( e.g. 14 or even 7kh!)

My iPad Pro is about 3 years old so should be fine and it’s making the change to projects created in Cubase, so I assume the sample rate would have been set on creation.

I’ll set up a new project at 48kh and see what happens

Thanks

Hi @cwmbrancon,

Thanks for your message.

Does this issues appear when you use additional audio devices with Cubasis (such as AirPods etc,)?

Do you have an exact repro about the issue wich you can share with us?

Best,
Lars

Hi there,

Okay, looks like I’ve possibly identified what’s causing this.

It seems to be when I’m using Bluetooth headphones. If I use the iPad speakers it defaults to 48k.

I’m guessing there’s no way to override this?

Cheers

Hi @cwmbrancon,

Cubasis allows you to select sample rates that are supported by the hardware (be it the iOS device or any other audio devices). However it should not appear that the sample is dropped at 14 or 7 kHz.

If you stumble on an issue, these steps should help to resolve it:

• Please connect your BT headphones to the iPad
  • Launch Cubasis and go to Setup/Audio and enable “Bluetooth / AirPlay” by tapping the corresponding button
  • Please go to Setup/Project and choose (or reselect) the matching sample rate of your project.

Please note that using BT devices with Cubasis is planned to be improved with the upcoming Cubasis update.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

That seems to have sorted the issue

Thanks so much for your help - Appreciated :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

1 Like

Hi @cwmbrancon,

Thanks for your updated comment.

That seems to have sorted the issue
Thanks so much for your help - Appreciated :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

We’re glad to read this… :slight_smile:

Enjoy making music