Cubasis for Android and Chrome OS - FAQ

Hi all,

In this post, we will provide you with our answers for the most frequent questions regarding Cubasis for Android and Chrome OS (updated on Aug 25, 2021).

I’ve already purchased Cubasis and made some in-app purchases on iOS. Can those be freely transferred to Android or Chrome OS?

Cubasis for iOS is distributed through the Apple App Store, Cubasis for Android/Chrome OS is distributed through the Google Play Store. The two stores don’t interrelate and don’t offer any crossgrade options, which means that in order to own any app on both iOS and Android/Chrome OS, it must be purchased on both stores, unfortunately.

Does Cubasis run on my Android or Chrome OS device?

Cubasis requires a 64-bit CPU smartphone or tablet device supporting arm64-v8a or x86_64 ABI, running Android 8 or later.

To check, if Cubasis will run on your smartphone, tablet or Chromebook device, please open Cubasis on Google Play with your device.

If the Play Store allows you to purchase the app, it will run on the device that you are using for the purchase. If your device is not compatible, the Play Store will tell you.

However, the general performance of the app itself, depends on the performance of the actual device in use.

In addition, please note that we’ve released a freely downloadable Cubasis trial version, which also can be used for compatibility checks with your given device(s). Find more details about the Cubasis trial version below.

Why I am unable to purchase Cubasis on Google Play?

If Google detects a device which is incompatible with an app offered, the app will not become available for purchase in Google Play.
Unfortunately, this means that your device does not support 64-bits apps, and Cubasis in general. For more details, please get in touch with the manufacturer of your device.

I want to use Cubasis on my Chromebook!

Cubasis for Chromebook has been released on Aug 25, 2021 and is available via Google Play.

I’ve purchased in-app purchases on the tablet, why don’t they appear on my smartphone or Chromebook?

Please verify that you’re logged into the same Google account on all given devices. Normally, when launching Cubasis on a separate device with the same account, previous purchases are synced automatically.

Is there a trial version available?

Get your trial version of Cubasis LE for Android and Chrome OS on Google Play to try a limited Cubasis feature set in a 30-minute demo mode.
Feel free to simply restart the demo, as often as you like.

Can I use Cubasis for Android and Chrome OS with my audio and MIDI hardware?

Cubasis for Android and Chrome OS offers limited audio and MIDI hardware support only, Steinberg does not currently guarantee full compatibility.
However, we encourage you to share your experience with other users via this forum.

For some reason, Cubasis no longer starts/crashes while being launched?

Maybe the project you were previously working on is damaged. Renaming it might resolve the problem.
Here is how it can be done:

• Using any file manager app other than Android’s native Files app, navigate to the folder /Android/data/com.steinberg.cubasis3/files/Cubasis 3
• Rename the project’s folder (.cbp) to something else (e.g. “a.cbp” to "a2.cbp”)
• Navigate into this folder and rename the project file itself to the same name (e.g. “a.cbp” to “a2.cbp”)

Does Cubasis for Android and Chrome OS have all the features of the iOS version?

While Cubasis for Android and Chrome OS is pretty similar to our iOS version, there are some minor differences.
To learn more about Cubasis, please visit the Cubasis website.
To learn more about the features available in each version, please have a look at the Cubasis comparison chart.

I encounter clicks in the audio playback when listening through the speakers or headphones of my Samsung S10+

Please give it a try to de-activate WiFi temporarily, when using Cubasis with the Samsung S10+.

Best wishes,
Lars

Looking Here and at the Comparison Chart I can’t get a handle on the Sound Engine used for the Instrument Tracks on Android. What is it based on and how does it differ from the IOS platform?

Thank you!