Cubasis freezing Korg SV2 keyboard when connected via MIDI

Hi there,
I’m using Cubasis v3.5 with a TC Helicon Go Twin soundcard and a Korg SV2 keyboard connected to Cubasis via the MIDI in and out ports, and also connected via the soundcard’s audio inputs.
I want to record a MIDI track from the SV2 to be able to adjust it later on as needed.
Everything is working fine when recording and then hearing the result, but when I do a manipulation in Cubasis afterwards, like creating a new track, or tapping on another track for example just to change its name, then suddenly the SV2 is frozen, I can’t change anything on it, nothing is responding and I can’t hear any sound anymore out of the SV2.
I have to switch the SV2 off and then on for everything to get back to normal.
Does anybody may have an idea about the reason for this? Is there maybe a MIDI message sent by Cubasis to the SV2 which may cause the freezing?
Thanks in advance for any hint! Everything works fine otherwise, except this.
So if I can find a way to solve it, it would be really perfect!

Hi @jejefunkyman,

Thanks for your message.

Does the issue appears when launching Cubasis with an empty project? Or do you use a specific MIDI file or another project sending MIDI CC messages or similar?

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,
I started a project from scratch, just added a MIDI track with the IN and OUT ports allocated to the SV2 via the soundcard, and then added one Audio track with the stereo IN and OUT allocated to the Soundcard.
The only MIDI file I use is the one I just recorded. So no file sending MIDI CC messages as far as I can see.
At the beginning, I was using the ALL option on both the MIDI IN and OUT ports. Then I changed to channel 1, and it seemed to be a bit better until I copied and paste an audio region in another audio track.
Would there be a way to disable MIDI CC messages sent by Cubasis to an external MIDI controller? Maybe there’s a message sent in the background to the SV2 which puts it into this freeze mode ? (looks like a mode where the SV2 panel is locked and the SV2 is on LOCAL OFF meaning disconnected from the local sounds).

Hi @jejefunkyman,

Thanks for your message.
Here are some additional tipps from our engineering:

1. Setup / General / disable “Playhead Scrubbing”, to prevent Cubasis from sending MIDI data when you move the playhead.

2. Setup / MIDI / disable “MIDI Learn”, “Mackie Control” and “Send MIDI Clock”

Does that help?

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Thanks for the tips. Actually these settings are already all disabled in my session, so there might be another issue.