Cubasis Importer doesn't work in Cubase12

Hi, I have another problem now. Cubasis project file doesn’t open in Cubase12. After I tried to import the file, Cubase didn’t react anything. I sometimes fail to import and sometimes succeed. Why doesn’t the importer work in some project files? How can I solve this problem?
Thank you for your help.

PS
The file I couldn’t open contained 57 audio tracks. Can this be a cause of the problem?

Hi sss111,

So far, we are unaware about project import issues with the Cubasis Project Importer.

Are you able to share the project with us, to allow us evaluating the topic?
If so, please upload the project via Dropbox or similar and let me have the DL via PM.

Thanks in advance,
Lars

I use this process frequently, in fact I made a video about it. I’ve never had an issue, but all projects are different. It’s hard to say. Can I suggest that you watch my video and maybe you might spot something in your process that differs from mine? Cubasis To Cubase

1 Like

Hi
I am new to this forum, and I have the same problem.
I use Cubasis 3.5.1 and want to export at project to Cubase Elements 12.0.60 with Cubasis Project Importer 3.0 installed (On windows 11).
The export part of the operation works fine. Then I transfer the zip-folder to my computer and unzip it. In Cubase i got to File>Import>Cubasis Project
and the program prompts me to navigate to the said Cubasis files. Afterwards, I’m asked to pick a folder for the Cubase project files - I do that, but nothing happens after that.

My Cubasis project consists of audio tracks and MIDI tracks and one third-party Inter-App Audio instrument. No effects are used.

I also watched the video by Jamie_Mallender.

Can someone help me, please ?

Hi @JCDK

Thanks for your message and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum.
Are you able to provide us with a short video which shows yours steps?

Thanks
Lars

Hello Lars - @LSlowak . And thanks for the reply :slight_smile:
I followed your suggestions to make video of the steps.
However, I did do it differently this time - and magically now it works! :smiley:

I think the culprit is my USB stick.

I had first copied the cubasis project to a USB stick and tried to import it into cubase via the location on the USB stick. It didn’t work.

When I tried again today, I had copied the cubasis project to the PC’s hard drive and also saved the resulting cubase project locally on the PC. It made the difference.

So a video walkthrough of the steps I took is probably not necessary.

I’ve tested the approach on two projects now and it works as intended.

Thanks Again.

1 Like

Hi @JCDK

Thanks for your updated message! Glad to read that the Cubasis Importer now works as expected for you! In addition, please note that an updated version of the Importer is planned to be released today, alongside with the release of Cubasis 3.6 and the new instruments.

Thanks again,
Lars

1 Like