Cubasis LE with A&H ZEDi10

Hello,
very recently I bought an Allen & Heath ZEDi10 mixer to do homerecording with Cubasis LE on my iPad2.
Cubasis recognizes the mixer and somehow works with it: I can record MIDI data, I can send Audio data from Cubasis to the mixer, but I can’t record audio tracks.
I have tried a lot of things, but I’m missing something. Any idea anybody?

Thanks in advance!
RolandM

Hi RolandM,

To perform audio recordings, the hardware device requires to be routed accordingly.

Please have a look at our available Cubasis LE recording tutorial (at around 2 minutes), where audio routing is explained in detail:

Hope that helps,

Lars

Hello Lars,
thanks for your support, but this was not the problem. My ipad2 had a defect with its audio input. Meanwhile I upgraded to the latest iPad but things get worse!!
It seems that nothing is going through the audio connector, neither way! But the ZEDi10 is recognized by Cubasis LE. I’m using the original apple camera connector that features an extra lightning input. Can you provide me any hint? BTW, I have checked: MIDI works well and the iPad internal Mike works fine, too.

Hope you can help!
Roland

Hi Roland,

Thanks for the update.
Unfortunately we’re not able to reproduce the issue so far.

I have forwarded the topic to our friends at Allen & Heath.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,
thanks again for your efforts. I’m afraid that the issue is with the adapter. I was surprised to see that also the adapter has a firmware. Could there be an incompatibility with the adapter? (Modellnummer A1619, Firmware 1.0.5, Hardware 1.0.0)
Cubasis recognizes the ZEDi as the connected audio device, but it doesn’t recognize actual audio input. It recognizes Midi Input, but I cannot send the output through the adapter to the ZEDi. Am I missing something in the settings (I think I checked all settings)?
BTW, I have a pretty similar picture with Garageband.

Best Regards
Roland

Hi Roland,

Does this mean audio recording also fails with GarageBand?
If so, it looks to me there seems to be either a problem with the adapter, hardware or hardware settings.

Best,
Lars

Hi Roland,

Our friends at A&H have replied regarding your topic.
I have forwarded their reply via private message.

Please let me know if this helps to solve the problem at your end.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi Lars,
thanks again for your support. I#m curious to see A&H response. Unfortunately there is no Private message in my Inbox! Could you send by email as well?

Thanks,
Roland

Hi Roland,

There seemed to be a problem sending the message.
Please double check and let me know if you’ve received the PM.

Thanks,
Lars