Cubasis Not Recognizing Behringer UFO202

-Cubasis 1.9
-iPad Air 2
-iOS 8.3
-100+ GB of free space
-Behringer UFO202
-iPad camera connection kit

When the UFO202 is connected to the iPad (through the camera connection kit), under the Audio section of setup, Input Gain shows No Device Connected. Cannot record/monitor audio coming through the UFO202.

Microphone has been enabled. Camera connection kit has been tested and works with my camera. UFO202 has also been tested and works with my laptop.

I’ve tried closing and reopening Cubasis multiple times. Also tried turning off iPad and restarting it. Also deleted the Cubasis app and reinstalled it.

Please note that I’ve already reached out to Behringer support and have been assured that the UFO202 is iOS compatible.

Thank you.

Does it work with other apps such as Garage Band? Maybe try connecting it via a powered USB hub into the iPad. If it works then it might be drawing marginally too much power on its own. I very occasionally have this issue with a Rode NT-USB mic which is definitely designed for use with iOS devices, but when the mic is not recognised I don’t always get the accompanying alert from iOS warning me about excessive power drain. In my case I found that connecting monitor headphones to the mic’s integral headphone socket and turning down their volume before plugging the mic into my iPad seemed to smooth out any potential voltage drop (I’m guessing) and the mic detected and worked fine. Pure speculation on my part but it couldn’t hurt to try…

Hi Dadelynn,

I’ve had a short look at Behringer’s website but could not find a mark about iOS compatibility regarding the UFO202.

Please get in touch with Behringer and ask them if the device has been successfully tested with Cubasis.
If required, we’re able to support them with a test version.

Please note that the track inspector has to be used for routing topics (“input gain” in the setup audio section has nothing to do with it). To learn more about this, please refer to the “Inspector” section in the in-app help of Cubasis.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Thank you for the reply.

When the UFO202 is connected to the iPad, I am able to select either Mono or Stereo as the routing input under the Track Inspector. No matter which I select, audio is not recorded.

Please note that I was able to record through the UFO202 the one time I tried on iOS 8.2. I’ve only had the iPad and Cubasis for a short time.

Thank you,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the update.

If you’re able to select mono or stereo it looks like the device is getting recognised somehow.
However we’re not equipped with an UFO202, so it can be taken at a guess only.

As suggested, please get in touch with Behringer again and ask them if they’ve Cubasis smoke tests with the UFO202. If helpful, I’m able to support them with a testing version.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Thank you for the reply.

I reached back out to Behringer and they said they would be happy to test the UFO202 with Cubasis if you were able to provide them a testing version. He asked me for the contact information necessary for him to obtain the testing version.

Thanks again,
Steve

Hi Steve,

I’ve sent you a PM with my contact details.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi Steve,

Behringer has been provided with a promo code to check the issue.

They’ve confirmed the issue to be related to Core Audio drivers of iOS 8.3, and have presented the issue to their RnD team for further investigation.

Once results will become available, Behringer will get in touch with you (and keep us informed).

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

I appreciate the update and the work you’ve done in assisting Behringer with its testing of the UFO202.

However, I do find it odd that I am able to get the UFO202 to work with GarageBand in iOS 8.3. My preference would be to use Cubasis.

Thanks,
Steve

Hello,

Any idea why the UFO202 would work with GarageBand but not Cubasis on iOS 8.3?

It’s extremely frustrating.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

I’m in exchange with Behringer / Music Group to share the current Cubasis beta version for further testing purposes.
Will keep you updated about the results.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi Steve,

Behringer has been equipped with the current Cubasis beta version, awaiting their feedback.

Best,
Lars

This is also happening with my UCA202. It works fine in other apps but not recognised as an input device in Cubasis. I’d be keen to hear about any progress.

Thanks.

Hi Bitrift,

We’re equipped with an UFO202 from Behringer and our engineers will have a look at it soon.

Since I’ve read of a similar issue in the Audiobus forum:
Did the situation change when you load Cubasis as input in Audiobus?

Thanks
Lars

Hi Lars,

Thanks for the reply. Yes it works fine either with Cubasis set as an input in Audiobus, or with Cubasis as an output and “System Audio Input” as an input, although in both situations the Input Gain slider in Cubasis audio settings shows “No device connected”. Thanks for the workaround, I just bought Cubasis on Friday and had not thought to try it in Audiobus yet.

Cheers.

Hi BitRift,

Thanks for your feedback, I’m glad to hear the Audiobus workaround solves the problem at your end.

It is quite common that the “Input Gain Slider” displays “No device connected”, since the audio device connected has to support the feature. Please note that this feature has nothing to do with the general compatibility of an audio device and Cubasis.

Best,
Lars

Hi all,

Please note that our engineers evaluated the issue with a Behringer UFO202 device (we’ve also exchanged with Audiobus) with the following outcome:

It’s not a Cubasis bug but an iOS or a hardware bug that only occurs when an app initializes an audio engine the way Cubasis does it. iOS returns an error code, instead of routing audio I/O to the Behringer UFO202. We cannot pin down which part of the Cubasis audio engine initialization would have to be changed in order to work around the iOS or hardware bug, so we must wait and hope that iOS or Behringer will fix the bug on their side.

Behringer has been informed about the evaluation results.

Best,
Lars